Questions for Sales Assistant

Watch
SylviaGuzman03
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm not one but if anyone has been then can you bump this thread and provide tips on how you got the roles in clothes stores, bookstores or Tesco, Aldi etc?
SylviaGuzman03
Rep:
?
Also is it possible to get a job without experience?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So do you want tips on becoming a sales assistant or is this an AMA and you want people to ask you questions? :confused:
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Probably better off starting a thread asking the question you want answered...
SylviaGuzman03
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
So do you want tips on becoming a sales assistant or is this an AMA and you want people to ask you questions? :confused:
Tips :/
SylviaGuzman03
Rep:
?
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Probably better off starting a thread asking the question you want answered...
Have asked before but never got any replies
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just an FYI, but "AMA" means "Ask Me Anything", so is usually used for threads where you are wanting people to ask you questions about the topic in question so you can offer advice, rather than looking for advice on it yourself

Anyway generally speaking just make sure you focus on giving a positive outlook, and answer questions balancing a focus on customer service ("customer is always right" ********) with company focused (i.e. not doing anything that will cost them money, like giving stuff away free anytime a customer is unhappy, or making sure you complete your assigned duties but still help the customer, for example not leaving your aisle where you are working to show them something but giving them directions and advising them to speak with another sales assistant in the relevant area). For things where they come into conflict, generally err on the side of the company rather than the customer but emphasize how you will manage the customers expectations in the process, I guess.

Caveat emptor I have never worked as a sales assistant (unless you count running the till as a volunteer in Oxfam for a couple hours a week in 6th form, which I don't )...but I have worked in customer service in a call centre (from time to time dealing with the fallout from when sales assistants did something wrong) so, some of the above might be applicable. Generally sales assistant roles are entry level so any work experience you have that is "customer facing" will be useful, but isn't normally required (at least for the stores you mention...if it was a luxury fashion retailer where the stuff is really expensive like Burberry, or maybe a jewelry store, then they might prefer someone with experience).
Last edited by artful_lounger; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (169)
14.68%
I'm not sure (53)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (338)
29.37%
I have already dropped out (34)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (557)
48.39%

Watched Threads