RandomTennisfan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Just wondering if applying for a masters commits you to doing it? I have one course in mind starting in January but it was more of a back up option for me if I don’t find any jobs, there is a graduate role I am currently on the shortlist for. So can I apply and then if an offer comes through not go through with it? Would I then have to defer a year, any help would be great thanks.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RandomTennisfan)
Just wondering if applying for a masters commits you to doing it? I have one course in mind starting in January but it was more of a back up option for me if I don’t find any jobs, there is a graduate role I am currently on the shortlist for. So can I apply and then if an offer comes through not go through with it? Would I then have to defer a year, any help would be great thanks.
Yes, you can easily withdraw your application (up until you enrol/register, after which you will be liable to pay the fees). It's polite to let the admission tutor know that you're withdrawing with a quick email too.
RandomTennisfan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Yes, you can easily withdraw your application (up until you enrol/register, after which you will be liable to pay the fees). It's polite to let the admission tutor know that you're withdrawing with a quick email too.
Ok, thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (58)
14.83%
I'm not sure (14)
3.58%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (133)
34.02%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.53%
I'm not a current university student (180)
46.04%

Watched Threads