The Student Room Group

Student Finance

Hi there,
I have moved to the UK in 2018 and I was told i was not eligible for tuition loan therefore I had to take gap year.Is it 100percent sure that I will get the student tuition loan in 2021.I arrived to the UK in August 2018 and will complete three years in 2021.
Second thing I am worried about is the maintenance loan.I defenitely wont qualify for that as i am aware you need to be in the UK for 5 years to be eligible but is there any other way I can be eligible?My family moved with me to the UK the same time but I have an aunt and even an uncle who has been here for more than 10 years .Could they qualify as being close relatives to me
Your advice would be highly appreciated

Thanks
Original post by Cavan123
Hi there,
I have moved to the UK in 2018 and I was told i was not eligible for tuition loan therefore I had to take gap year.Is it 100percent sure that I will get the student tuition loan in 2021.I arrived to the UK in August 2018 and will complete three years in 2021.
Second thing I am worried about is the maintenance loan.I defenitely wont qualify for that as i am aware you need to be in the UK for 5 years to be eligible but is there any other way I can be eligible?My family moved with me to the UK the same time but I have an aunt and even an uncle who has been here for more than 10 years .Could they qualify as being close relatives to me
Your advice would be highly appreciated

Thanks

Hi Cavan,
In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending