Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Need help choosing whether i should carry on towards my last year and get and ordinary degree or should i credit transfer to the open university and do my last year there?
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What subject are you doing?
What is making you think about making the switch?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
What subject are you doing?
What is making you think about making the switch?
Computer Science
I also don't wanna graduate with a ordinary degree as it feels like a waste of all those years at uni
threeportdrift
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Need help choosing whether i should carry on towards my last year and get and ordinary degree or should i credit transfer to the open university and do my last year there?
An Ordinary degree isn't really any use for degree purposes except in Scotland. In England and Wales you need an honours degree for graduate roles, unless no-one spots the issue. So do you want to use the degree?
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You are too late to transfer with OU this year so would have to wait til next year to begin anyway.

If you have an ordinary degree you can apply to do the top-up degree which is 4 modules at level 3.
If you stop your degree now then apply for credit transfer you arenโ€™t Guaranteed that all your credits will be able to be transferred over to a named degree so you may have to sit some level 2 modules also.

But yes, if you can go for an honours degree then do it.
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by threeportdrift)
An Ordinary degree isn't really any use for degree purposes except in Scotland. In England and Wales you need an honours degree for graduate roles, unless no-one spots the issue. So do you want to use the degree?
Yeah
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
You are too late to transfer with OU this year so would have to wait til next year to begin anyway.

If you have an ordinary degree you can apply to do the top-up degree which is 4 modules at level 3.
If you stop your degree now then apply for credit transfer you arenโ€™t Guaranteed that all your credits will be able to be transferred over to a named degree so you may have to sit some level 2 modules also.

But yes, if you can go for an honours degree then do it.
Okay thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (184)
28.93%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (105)
16.51%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.12%
I want to meet current students (53)
8.33%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
8.02%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (127)
19.97%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.97%
Other things โ€“ I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.14%

Watched Threads