The Student Room Group

EPQ

honestly, how important is an EPQ because I'm so far in and I've done barely any of it because im just not interested anymore. I want to do a law degree in uni but what if I get good grades like everyone else, but don't get chosen because someone else has done an eps and I havent?
Reply 1
Original post by ihatemylifealot
honestly, how important is an EPQ because I'm so far in and I've done barely any of it because im just not interested anymore. I want to do a law degree in uni but what if I get good grades like everyone else, but don't get chosen because someone else has done an eps and I havent?

Hey!

Essentially, an EPQ enables you to be able to research something you are very interested in with free reign. It's also beneficial to a good number of unis, as some of them will offer you 'alternative' offers, where they can lower your offer by one grade, provided you achieve a certain grade in EPQ.

This is, however, dependent on each university. You can check on their entry requirements if they do have this (or somewhere on their website, you might have to dig a bit deeper). It won't be a make or break situation with the university if you don't do an EPQ since some applicants don't have the option to do an EPQ or not, but it's always helpful to have an extra qualification on your application!

If you aren't enjoying it, and you know you won't produce a good EPQ in general, then it's better to not continue. But since you said you're so far in, then, if you will get a good grade out of it, it might be worthwhile to endure it. Your other subjects come with top priority always though.

I hope this helps!
Original post by Kareem Shurafa
Hey!

Essentially, an EPQ enables you to be able to research something you are very interested in with free reign. It's also beneficial to a good number of unis, as some of them will offer you 'alternative' offers, where they can lower your offer by one grade, provided you achieve a certain grade in EPQ.

This is, however, dependent on each university. You can check on their entry requirements if they do have this (or somewhere on their website, you might have to dig a bit deeper). It won't be a make or break situation with the university if you don't do an EPQ since some applicants don't have the option to do an EPQ or not, but it's always helpful to have an extra qualification on your application!

If you aren't enjoying it, and you know you won't produce a good EPQ in general, then it's better to not continue. But since you said you're so far in, then, if you will get a good grade out of it, it might be worthwhile to endure it. Your other subjects come with top priority always though.

I hope this helps!

Thank you sooo much, this helps a lot, I'm thinking of dropping it because honestly it's due very soon and I haven't completed a single section lol and I can't really go from 2000 words to 5000, make the power point, have someone proof read it etc etc. So im certain I won't get a high grade anyway...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending