Clara Bow
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi
I've been going through some tough stuff that really I've been struggling with for several years at varying degrees but that have been especially bad this year. I'm not sure if how I feel and what I'm thinking is normal and I just need to get my act together or whether I actually have a mental illness. I can't really talk to anyone about it as I dont have any close friends (as in, none that I've talked to since schools closed) and my family isnt one that talks about that. Im scared I'll look stupid if I'm just being over dramatic but I dont know whether I should be getting help.

Just for a quick summary I just have no motivation and get stressed about all the work I'm not doing (i.e. I'm stressing about not working hard enough for a Levels when I'm about to go into y12) and I just cant get myself to do anything. I feel uncomfortable around my family, and feel like they're constantly judging me, especially when it comes to eating and exercise, since I'm not stick thin (though not overweight I wouldn't say). But all the stress makes me want to stress-eat. I just feel like I'm not enjoying anything.
This feeling comes and goes - I'll have it for a few days and then I'll be a bit better or sometimes even feel really motivated and excited to get to work. I'm also very socially awkward so yeah...

I'm really aware that a lot of the things I'm thinking or feeling are stupid, like my stress, but I cant help but think about it.

any advice on whether I'm just being a wuss or if I actually have a problem would be great*
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Clara Bow)
Hi
I've been going through some tough stuff that really I've been struggling with for several years at varying degrees but that have been especially bad this year. I'm not sure if how I feel and what I'm thinking is normal and I just need to get my act together or whether I actually have a mental illness. I can't really talk to anyone about it as I dont have any close friends (as in, none that I've talked to since schools closed) and my family isnt one that talks about that. Im scared I'll look stupid if I'm just being over dramatic but I dont know whether I should be getting help.

Just for a quick summary I just have no motivation and get stressed about all the work I'm not doing (i.e. I'm stressing about not working hard enough for a Levels when I'm about to go into y12) and I just cant get myself to do anything. I feel uncomfortable around my family, and feel like they're constantly judging me, especially when it comes to eating and exercise, since I'm not stick thin (though not overweight I wouldn't say). But all the stress makes me want to stress-eat. I just feel like I'm not enjoying anything.
This feeling comes and goes - I'll have it for a few days and then I'll be a bit better or sometimes even feel really motivated and excited to get to work. I'm also very socially awkward so yeah...

I'm really aware that a lot of the things I'm thinking or feeling are stupid, like my stress, but I cant help but think about it.

any advice on whether I'm just being a wuss or if I actually have a problem would be great*
I'm sorry that you feel that your parents aren't open to talking about issues like what you're going through ): It sounds like you should seek advice from a professional, but I understand how hard that can be. Do your schools have any guidance counselors or a particular member of staff you trust? I hope you can get some answers and support soon (:
Clara Bow
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm sorry that you feel that your parents aren't open to talking about issues like what you're going through ): It sounds like you should seek advice from a professional, but I understand how hard that can be. Do your schools have any guidance counselors or a particular member of staff you trust? I hope you can get some answers and support soon (:
We have a chaplain who we're allowed to talk to, but I'm just scared I'll look like an overreacting idiot who can't keep it together
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (146)
14.46%
I'm not sure (43)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
30%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.71%

Watched Threads