Christmas budget!

Watch
Pchim
Badges: 11
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Wasnt quite sure where to post this but what is everyones total budget for Christmas. Im aware i spend way too much so im wondering what most people spend to see where i can cut back on but i just cant help it seeing my family so happy when they open their gifts🥰
Pchim
(Original post by 999tigger)
Buy everyone a 3080 ofc.
If only i could afford it 😭😭😭 Ill buy you one for Christmas
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Total budget is under £400.
I usually spend between £370 to £399 on gifts for canine pals, human friends and their children.
I start buying Christmas gifts in January and normally have all my gifts sorted by the autumn.
Amazon, ebay, markets, edible gifts and the occasional instance of re-gifting help me to stay on budget.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pchim)
Wasnt quite sure where to post this but what is everyones total budget for Christmas. Im aware i spend way too much so im wondering what most people spend to see where i can cut back on but i just cant help it seeing my family so happy when they open their gifts🥰
under £50

I always go to parents house for christmas.... and will be doing again this year despite what boris johnson may say..
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)
under £50

I always go to parents house for christmas.... and will be doing again this year despite what boris johnson may say..
Are you the grinch or krampus? :eek:
This year your parents could set a Christmas dinner fee of £100 plus vat (per plate and course- payable by each adult guest). :eviltongue:
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Are you the grinch or krampus? :eek:
This year your parents could set a Christmas dinner fee of £100 plus vat (per plate and course- payable by each adult guest). :eviltongue:
I don't buy presents for friends, only for close family.
I don't tend to spend much on presents. Nobody does tbh...

My parents would not charge me for Christmas thankfully. Sometimes I feel a bit guilty tho as I never help to cook the food. Just help to eat it

Wouldn't know how to prepare a turkey or anything, ...all I know how to do is eat it 😅
Pchim
(Original post by 999tigger)
What you do is buy them one each and then return it in the NY, that way you get the happy smiley faces, although you may need to hide when recovering and returning said presents. Thought that counts. You should watch that good old gamer video I posted the third one on the 3080 launch.
Unfortunately i think my family may kill me if i take the presents back after christmas!🙈 just watched. The whole thing was a shambles. Being new to it all it makes me just not want to bother with them after seeing how bad it was. I saw lots of karens on twitter tagging nvidia saying ‘thanks sold out now ill have a unhappy son at Christmas’ hahaha😂
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pchim)
ngl, I do stop by poundland sometimes..

will definitely not be spending more than £1 this year on my Sister...
Pchim

My parents would not charge me for Christmas thankfully. Sometimes I feel a bit guilty tho as I never help to cook the food. Just help to eat it

Wouldn't know how to prepare a turkey or anything, ...all I know how to do is eat it 😅
Id say you actually need to up your budget just for your parents unless they are the type that get mad at the kids for spending money haha
Callicious
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
£100 for cards. Other than that, 0. I don't get people gifts because my cards are just that snazzy

That being said I'd be bankrupt getting people gifts, and I'm already poor as hell.
Pchim
Total budget is under £400.
I usually spend between £370 to £399 on gifts for canine pals, human friends and their children.
I start buying Christmas gifts in January and normally have all my gifts sorted by the autumn.
Amazon, ebay, markets, edible gifts and the occasional instance of re-gifting help me to stay on budget.
Mine is normally around £500 but im cutting costs this year on wrapping. I tend to get abit carried away buying all the extra stuff to go on top of the presents to make them look nice under the tree and i spent £100 on that alone last year. This year is was trying to aim for £350 for everything but easier said than done with a big family. Cant help but spoil nieces and nephews hence why i have to start planning around now on my budget. Break up the cost so im not gut punched when i see all that money leave my account🙈 i have always wanted to buy all year round but i wouldnt know where to store them all?? Where do you put yours??
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pchim)
Not liking your aggressive full stops after i told u to be nice
ahhh OK I have reported myself for aggressive full stops nvm I will avoid you in future.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Yikes, you are sounding like a real life version of Ebeneezer Scrooge.

Half my friends and coworkers spend a fortune on Christmas.
Decorations, gifts, food & drinks or luxury hotel stays.
One friend has immersed herself with the Christmas spirit and has decorations up all year round, changing them three times a year.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yikes, you are sounding like a real life version of Ebeneezer Scrooge.

Half my friends and coworkers spend a fortune on Christmas.
Decorations, gifts, food & drinks or luxury hotel stays.
One friend has immersed herself with the Christmas spirit and has decorations up all year round, changing them three times a year.
It's not just me lol.

My brother spent around £8 on me this year and that's the most I can ever remember him spending.

My sister hasn't given me anything yet and my birthday was months ago.

What comes around goes around, and when I am christmas shopping how much they spent on me is always at the back of my mind.
My Sister will be getting a £1 Christmas Present this year, and she should count herself lucky.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pchim)
Mine is normally around £500 but im cutting costs this year on wrapping. I tend to get abit carried away buying all the extra stuff to go on top of the presents to make them look nice under the tree and i spent £100 on that alone last year. This year is was trying to aim for £350 for everything but easier said than done with a big family. Cant help but spoil nieces and nephews hence why i have to start planning around now on my budget. Break up the cost so im not gut punched when i see all that money leave my account🙈 i have always wanted to buy all year round but i wouldnt know where to store them all?? Where do you put yours??
I keep a few spare trunks & large plastic containers that I only ever use to transport books and my toy animals every time I have to move.
Usually store the gifts and wrapping in two of the plastic containers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (139)
14.4%
I'm not sure (42)
4.35%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (288)
29.84%
I have already dropped out (25)
2.59%
I'm not a current university student (471)
48.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise