Isha8080
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m currently doing biology, chemistry and history and I’m in year 12. I have a week left to swap my subjects if I want to but I cannot decide whether I should do maths or history. I find history easy but do not enjoy it. However I find maths difficult (sometimes) and it’s always been my favourite subject and i enjoy the learning it.

I’m aiming for three A’s in my A levels and I think I can do that in history but not maths. In year 11 I was confident about taking maths but when I told other people about my choices they said it would be too difficult for me and I’d fail.

At uni I want to do engineering or chemistry so I don’t think history would benefit me apart for having an A grade on my results. Idk whether I should switch to maths please help
Rufus the red
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do maths, it'll be good for chemistry and great for engineering.
Isha8080
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rufus the red)
Yh ik it’ll be more better for me in uni. But I’m scared of taking it as I might struggle and not get an A. Even people who got 9 in gcse maths struggle as well as putting in a lot of effort.
XKangaotiCX
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Isha8080)
Yh ik it’ll be more better for me in uni. But I’m scared of taking it as I might struggle and not get an A. Even people who got 9 in gcse maths struggle as well as putting in a lot of effort.
Maths is really important if you wanna go into a science course (assuming you do because of your other subjects). If you don't enjoy history, it's just gonna be super boring and unengaging for you whereas at least maths will put you through your paces and it's essential for high tier unis (if you care about that sorta thing)
Isha8080
Rep:
?
(Original post by XKangaotiCX)
Maths is really important if you wanna go into a science course (assuming you do because of your other subjects). If you don't enjoy history, it's just gonna be super boring and unengaging for you whereas at least maths will put you through your paces and it's essential for high tier unis (if you care about that sorta thing)
I think I might switch to maths then. I’ll really need to work more and put a lot more effort into it though
XKangaotiCX
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Isha8080)
I think I might switch to maths then. I’ll really need to work more and put a lot more effort into it though
Yeah, but once you get it then maths becomes a lot easier to revise (if that makes sense). Anyway, you got this
Isha8080
Rep:
?
(Original post by XKangaotiCX)
Yeah, but once you get it then maths becomes a lot easier to revise (if that makes sense). Anyway, you got this
I’m really scared now aha because history is easier for me whereas maths is more difficult and enjoyable though. Hopefully if I go ahead with maths, I’ll get A’s and not regret it . Thank you for the advice also.
Rufus the red
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Repped by historynerd47 for this.
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Repped by historynerd47 for this.
Yeah haha not sure my a-level French Revolution and Tudors would help them in engineering! tragic to drop history but what can you do you know
Rufus the red
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by historynerd47)
Yeah haha not sure my a-level French Revolution and Tudors would help them in engineering! tragic to drop history but what can you do you know
Civil engineering in post-baroque styles.

Spoiler:
Show
If it's not baroque don't fix it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15.7%
I'm not sure (11)
3.03%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (124)
34.16%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.65%
I'm not a current university student (165)
45.45%

Watched Threads