The Student Room Group

Postgraduate loan and registration

I have sent my ID documents to Student Finance and I am waiting for a response. Do you know how long it takes and if the response comes before or after the documents? I will need my ID to open a bank account, get a NIN and do the identity check to get my student card, before the deadline for registration.

Thank you
Original post by fchristik
I have sent my ID documents to Student Finance and I am waiting for a response. Do you know how long it takes and if the response comes before or after the documents? I will need my ID to open a bank account, get a NIN and do the identity check to get my student card, before the deadline for registration.

Thank you

Hi, we advise allowing up to 6 weeks after applying.
What is your Nationality? EU Nationals don't need to provide a National Insurance Number (NINO).
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, we advise allowing up to 6 weeks after applying.
What is your Nationality? EU Nationals don't need to provide a National Insurance Number (NINO).
Thanks, Isaac

Hello Isaac,

I am Greek. It's great If I don't need a NINO. One thing off the list. I am just worried because I need my ID. It's my only original document here in the UK. Hoping to hear a response soon.
Thank you
Original post by fchristik
Hello Isaac,

I am Greek. It's great If I don't need a NINO. One thing off the list. I am just worried because I need my ID. It's my only original document here in the UK. Hoping to hear a response soon.
Thank you

We do need you to send your original Greek ID card or passport in order to approve the application.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending