Is it worth getting both an iPad and a Macbook?

Watch this thread
India247
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have had the iPad Pro 10.5 for about 2 years now and was thinking about getting the MacBook Air.
I already have a keyboard for my iPad.
Is it worth getting a MacBook?
Bagarigak
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I wouldn't get an iPad or a Macbook Don't personally like Apple products (even though I have an iphone :eek:)
username612415
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by India247)
I have had the iPad Pro 10.5 for about 2 years now and was thinking about getting the MacBook Air.
I already have a keyboard for my iPad.
Is it worth getting a MacBook?
Do you regularly sit there with your iPad and keyboard and think "wow, I really wish I had an actual laptop for this job instead"?

Then yeah, you might benefit from having one. If you don't, you obviously won't.

Jesus, you already own the thing. Just think for yourself a little bit.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Whilst I do like the Apple OS, I wouldn’t buy a MacBook.

What would you be using it for?
India247
Rep:
QUOTE=Gofre;91064414]Do you regularly sit there with your iPad and keyboard and think "wow, I really wish I had an actual laptop for this job instead"?

Then yeah, you might benefit from having one. If you don't, you obviously won't.

Jesus, you already own the thing. Just think for yourself a little bit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your opinion. Not much need for the unnecessary rudeness but, thanks either way
Last edited by India247; 1 year ago
India247
Rep:
(Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
Whilst I do like the Apple OS, I wouldn’t buy a MacBook.

What would you be using it for?
Very simple stuff. Just the Microsoft packages like excel, word etc.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Very simple stuff. Just the Microsoft packages like excel, word etc.
Do you have a Laptop/PC already? If you do, I don’t really see any benefit to getting a MacBook Air if it’s pretty much just for MS (especially as the windows version of this is better imo).

I’ve not been impressed with the MBA’s I’ve dealt with, and there are definitely better alternatives.
India247
Rep:
(Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
Do you have a Laptop/PC already? If you do, I don’t really see any benefit to getting a MacBook Air if it’s pretty much just for MS (especially as the windows version of this is better imo).

I’ve not been impressed with the MBA’s I’ve dealt with, and there are definitely better alternatives.
No, I don’t have a laptop anymore. I had a MacBook but this was about 5-6 years ago and to be honest, it wasn’t the best machine ever (and I know things have significantly changed). Is the air a bad model in particular or are MacBooks not great in general anymore?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
No, I don’t have a laptop anymore. I had a MacBook but this was about 5-6 years ago and to be honest, it wasn’t the best machine ever (and I know things have significantly changed). Is the air a bad model in particular or are MacBooks not great in general anymore?
MacBooks look great and generally work great (I think we had some 2012 models that still work fine), but for the price and what you intend to use it for I don’t think they’re worth it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.47%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (43)
25.9%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.2%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.42%

Watched Threads