?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
whats the career like?
Rest in Pizza
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The degree itself is interesting if you enjoy biological sciences and lab work, in terms of careers, it depends on what you want to do with it afterward. There`s plenty of postgrad courses to do, you can also work as an IBMS biomed scientist if you have a portfolio etc.
f.ga010301
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by tecna)
whats the career like?
Hi, I am a student of biomedical science at London metropolitan uni.

if you are wondering what jobs you can do with the degree I definitely suggest visiting the prospects website (just type biomedical science degrees into google). it has a great list of all the job opportunities the degree can give you. some examples are toxicologist, forensic scientist, dental therapist. However, you can always do further studies (post grad) and open up different doors if you want. if you want to work in the NHS as a scientist as they are typical employers of Biomed students your course will need to be accredited. London met's Biomed course is accredited with the IBMS (institute of biomedical science) which is key to look for when embarking on the course because you don't want to waste your time if it's not accredited. if you want more info about the course at LMU just google us and the course!

I hope this helps!
tecna
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by f.ga010301)
Hi, I am a student of biomedical science at London metropolitan uni.

if you are wondering what jobs you can do with the degree I definitely suggest visiting the prospects website (just type biomedical science degrees into google). it has a great list of all the job opportunities the degree can give you. some examples are toxicologist, forensic scientist, dental therapist. However, you can always do further studies (post grad) and open up different doors if you want. if you want to work in the NHS as a scientist as they are typical employers of Biomed students your course will need to be accredited. London met's Biomed course is accredited with the IBMS (institute of biomedical science) which is key to look for when embarking on the course because you don't want to waste your time if it's not accredited. if you want more info about the course at LMU just google us and the course!

I hope this helps!
Thank you guyz that was really helpful but some ppl keep on telling me that finding a job with biomed ain't easy 😭😭😭
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (126)
28.38%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.06%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (87)
19.59%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (41)
9.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (132)
29.73%

Watched Threads