How do I get my university email address?

Watch
Zain5633
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Okay so how am I suppose to receive my student email address. I dont know if I've missed a trick or something. Checked my emails, I've gotten other stuff from them just not how to get my uni-email address. But legit can't think of how to get it? Any help would be appreciated

For some context I'm going to UoBristol.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zain5633)
Okay so how am I suppose to receive my student email address. I dont know if I've missed a trick or something. Checked my emails, I've gotten other stuff from them just not how to get my uni-email address. But legit can't think of how to get it? Any help would be appreciated

If you have your IT username & password you could try outlook & gmail with your uni username and password and add @bristol.ac.uk
Just a guess. If not perhaps try and contact your student services or IT department.
Isinglass
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
According to the website

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/students/support/it/

Email

We send many communications to your University email address. You need to check your email often (daily in term time). You can access your email using MyBristol or Outlook.

Your email address uses your user ID, eg [email protected] and you cannot change this. You can create a user-friendly email address for others to contact you on while you are a student

Hopefully, you did just miss something in an email, though, because although it does seem a sort of obvious format once you know about it, one would hope that they at least sent something like, please go to.... to find out everything you need to know.
martin7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zain5633)

Bristol usernames are in the format "two letters followed by five digits", so, for example, ab12345.

To form the email address, take the username and add "@bristol.ac.uk" (e.g. [email protected]).

Check to see if you've had any emails from [email protected] -- those might include your username.

It appears on the Certificate of Registration that you get (or at least used to get, I don't know if you still do) at the end of the online registration process.

If you still can't identify your username, drop a line to the IT Service Desk ([email protected]) add ask. Make sure you provide your full name and student number (if you know it) to help them identify who you are.
Puppypower1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's at the end of the on line registration. Then you can use it to log into my-Bristol and access all the IT systems
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed