The Student Room Group

Personality or Looks 🤨

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wannabedoctor02
hm I'm now curious about your preferences...

throw me a celebrity crush please

I definitely would .. if I had one that is.
Reply 41
i’m demisexual so looks don’t do it for me at all. rather have a really interesting conversation.

altho i can appreciate someone with good style as style reflects personality, self esteem, values and stuff but it’s like an intellectual attraction and not physical.
Original post by JAckieee.chan
Benedict Cumberbatch might not be a good looking fellow, but he is also not an ugly guy. I would say he is average and got everything a women wants in a 'man'.

He's got a sexy soothing voice, like a British version of Morgan freeman.
Both. I want girl that ages like cheese. The more she matures the sexier she becomes.
Original post by Golderz Is Great
this is so true its sad more people our age dont think it through:frown: dont you agree ella?

can I say is bullying a big thing at your school(i mean is it taken seriously)

Yeah

Bullying doesn’t actually happen that often at my school, but when it does I assume they take it very seriously.
For me, I have to have an initial attraction to them but the more time u spend with them and the more they open up showing their personal qualities, the more I like them and feel closer to them. So in the short term physical appearance but personality is the most important long term.
(edited 3 years ago)
Both. Looks invite me in. Personality makes me stay/leave.
Original post by Nutella!
Yeah

Bullying doesn’t actually happen that often at my school, but when it does I assume they take it very seriously.

Ok its something i really hate though ella however dont you go to a posh school anyway so i dont think it happens so much at them sort of places
Doesn't matter, I have extremely great looks and strong genes so my children will not be cursed with a face like my partner had my partner been unattractive. I wish there was a way for humans to reproduce asexually i would have a strong daughter who looks just like me and who will carry my last name, her head would be shaven bald and she would try her best to become just like me.
Original post by wannabedoctor02
Personality. If I like someone's personality, I eventually feel attracted to their looks

Omg this. It's so weird this is so true. Even though I say I have a 'type' I think in the end I still end up crushing on someone who doesn't necessarily fit that type physically, because their personality overrides their looks in a way
Original post by step_aside
Doesn't matter, I have extremely great looks and strong genes so my children will not be cursed with a face like my partner had my partner been unattractive. I wish there was a way for humans to reproduce asexually i would have a strong daughter who looks just like me and who will carry my last name, her head would be shaven bald and she would try her best to become just like me.

Uhhh ok
Original post by Golderz Is Great
Ok its something i really hate though ella however dont you go to a posh school anyway so i dont think it happens so much at them sort of places

No 😂 I go to my local school, wouldn’t say it’s posh, but it’s not dreadful either
Both

Need to be attracted to their looks and personality.

I am not too fussed with regards to looks though, as long as I do not perceive it as ugly, I am fine with it. Looks tend to grow on me tbh.

Personality, is a big one for me. But as long as we do not clash personality wise, and can get on well that's good.

Mentality though, that's one that I put above looks and personality. I cannot mesh with someone who has such a different mentality to me
Personality is very important but I’d like to be physically attracted to them too
Original post by Moonlight rain
Personality is very important but I’d like to be physically attracted to them too

Me toooo sissss ❤️
Personality. Maybe its just how I'm wired, but in my experience if I become attracted to someone's personality, over time I grow to love their looks too.
Reply 56
I think attractiveness is pretty much 50:50 appearance and personality. Of course the former tends to have the more powerful initial impression and for a time at least to if someone is very physically attractive to bring a halo effect.
Original post by Zarek
I think attractiveness is pretty much 50:50 appearance and personality. Of course the former tends to have the more powerful initial impression and for a time at least to if someone is very physically attractive to bring a halo effect.

Factsss
Reply 58
Original post by Alishaxo2112
Factsss

Since OP was asking for a personal opinion this is based on experience.
Both.

Ok, maybe appearance is a tad bit more important to me lol going to be brutally honest here haha
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending