dropping out and accommodation

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
if you're considering dropping out, what happens with your accommodation?

because i want to drop out due to personal reasons but i cant physically go home for two weeks bc my parents have to self isolate for that time due to an operation?

if i drop out can i continue to live in my accommodation until i'm able to leave?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

because i want to drop out due to personal reasons but i cant physically go home for two weeks bc my parents have to self isolate for that time due to an operation?

if i drop out can i continue to live in my accommodation until i'm able to leave?
Have you found someone to take over your accommodation?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Muttley79)
Have you found someone to take over your accommodation?
do i need to find someone to replace me before i can move out? bc that seems a little unfair on drop outs
tommy988
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
do i need to find someone to replace me before i can move out? bc that seems a little unfair on drop outs
depends on the contract you signed but most say unless you can find someone to replace it, then you are liable for the rent. Have you read the contract?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago

Is this uni accommodation?
1. You need to formally drop out on Monday to try and avoid fee liability.
2. You should consider returning any money sent by SFE.
3. You should talk to accommodation and clarify if you can stay for those 2 weeks die to the operation.
4. Alternatively find out when the date you become fee liable is and move out the day before, which may give you a week or two, then go to a B&B or hostel for the rest of the time.
5. If you become fee liable it will cost you c £2500.
6. Its entirely down to the uni and some will simply say leave as soon as you cease to be a student as you arent their problem anymore.
7. They may insist on a replacement or they may let you off.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
Is this uni accommodation?
1. You need to formally drop out on Monday to try and avoid fee liability.
2. You should consider returning any money sent by SFE.
3. You should talk to accommodation and clarify if you can stay for those 2 weeks die to the operation.
4. Alternatively find out when the date you become fee liable is and move out the day before, which may give you a week or two, then go to a B&B or hostel for the rest of the time.
5. If you become fee liable it will cost you c £2500.
6. Its entirely down to the uni and some will simply say leave as soon as you cease to be a student as you arent their problem anymore.
7. They may insist on a replacement or they may let you off.
thank u so much!! the only problem with staying somewhere like a b&b is the fact i physically cant pull all of my luggage around by myself :/
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
thank u so much!! the only problem with staying somewhere like a b&b is the fact i physically cant pull all of my luggage around by myself :/
You will have to get an uber/man with a van or temp storage. You are talking about the difference of trying to avoid liabilitry which could be several thousand £, with that as an incetive I'd imagine you can find the inspiration tom pull your luggage. Take it seriously. get a friend, student or man with a van to help and pay them.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
You will have to get an uber/man with a van or temp storage. You are talking about the difference of trying to avoid liabilitry which could be several thousand £, with that as an incetive I'd imagine you can find the inspiration tom pull your luggage. Take it seriously. get a friend, student or man with a van to help and pay them.
ok i take it back, i dont thank you. there was no need to become passive aggressive with me over this; i have my reasons for not wanting to hire a random man and tbh i dont think theyre your concern. i have a meeting on monday to discuss things and i'll see what they tell me. i'm taking all of this seriously considering i'm dropping out for Personal Reasons like i said originally and i don't need a stranger like you doubting that. i regret even replying to you.

next time you try to help someone on here, dont sound so passive aggressive.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
But why are you dropping out. Is it due to stress please take time to think of your decisions
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ok i take it back, i dont thank you. there was no need to become passive aggressive with me over this; i have my reasons for not wanting to hire a random man and tbh i dont think theyre your concern. i have a meeting on monday to discuss things and i'll see what they tell me. i'm taking all of this seriously considering i'm dropping out for Personal Reasons like i said originally and i don't need a stranger like you doubting that. i regret even replying to you.

You are being good advice and no one was being passive aggressive.You on the other hand need to be grateful people have taken the time to help you and improve your attitude.
tommy988
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

they weren't being passive-aggressive and were helping you, but I guess you don't want help then?
also the random man suggested was from an actual company not a complete stranger, if they are from a registered company they will do the job as will any standard removals/ storage facility.
This person didnt have to give you advice
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago

If you want to run the risk, then that is entirely up to you. Good luck with everything and thanks for posting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (44)
15.71%
I'm not sure (8)
2.86%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
35.71%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.43%
I'm not a current university student (124)
44.29%

Watched Threads