how to be your own person?

Watch
PeachyMilk
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I feel like I am fake
ive suddenly come to a realisation that I am hiding the real me, my real personality, even my real sexuality I need to break free
how can I be more me, and less basic
I don't wanna be perceived as a brick wall
I know I have a great personality, but I hide it so I can be perceived as the 'perfect little angel' , Im tired of carrying this facade
I want to be.....I want to be a little more me
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PeachyMilk)
I feel like I am fake
ive suddenly come to a realisation that I am hiding the real me, my real personality, even my real sexuality I need to break free
how can I be more me, and less basic
I don't wanna be perceived as a brick wall
I know I have a great personality, but I hide it so I can be perceived as the 'perfect little angel' , Im tired of carrying this facade
I want to be.....I want to be a little more me
Interesting, not seen one of these before.
No energy to write an essay, but I would say it boils down to self esteem and then confidence.

Understand who you are and compare that to who you want to be.
Like who you are, accept the good parts and consider the need to change the bad ones.
Support and nurture yourself to not be afraid of who you are , make decisions or have opinions or stand up for yourself.
Be confident in sticking to your principles and knowing right from wrong.
Be less afraid from being yourself as long as you understand thats a person you like and want to be.
Your first duty is to be your own best friend, so hiding and pretending to be someone else isnt always beneficial if you feel youd rather just chill and be yourself.
Encourage personal growth.

Need to add another which is when it comes to opinions, its what you think about yourself that should come first, moderated about what you know to be right and wrong and the opinions of those you trust or those who are in a position to respect. The opinions of strangers is much less important and the opinions of those who wish you harm are to be ignored.

Something like that.
Last edited by 999tigger; 4 weeks ago
PeachyMilk
Rep:
?
bump
PeachyMilk
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
No energy to write an essay, but I would say it boils down to self esteem and then confidence.

Like who you are, accept the good parts and consider the need to change the bad ones.
Support and nurture yourself to not be afraid of who you are , make decisions or have opinions or stand up for yourself.
Be less afraid from being yourself as long as you understand thats a person you like and want to be.
Your first duty is to be your own best friend, so hiding and pretending to be someone else isnt always beneficial if you feel youd rather just chill and be yourself.

Need to add another which is when it comes to opinions, its what you think about yourself that should come first, moderated about what you know to be right and wrong and the opinions of those you trust or those who are in a position to respect. The opinions of strangers is much less important and the opinions of those who wish you harm are to be ignored.

Something like that.
thankyou tigger
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
First of all, you gotta stop caring about how you're perceived by the hypocritical construct they call society. None of that matters in the long run. Just act like yourself and don't censor yourself for them. Trying to adhere to their "standards" only makes a person feel worse. You do you and if someone doesn't like that, tell them to **** off.
boulderingislife
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)

Something like that.
Looks like an essay to me

OP: just don’t give two hoots about what anyone else thinks. Then just be yourself. Don’t force yourself to fit in and do stuff which other people do. Do what you want to do.
Last edited by boulderingislife; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise