lilac_26
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I thought of doing a research project around COVID- 19 vaccinations, explaining new findings/research to make it easier for studying and analysis in future by medical students etc. for Crest silver award but I haven't seen many examples online and am also doing this project with one another person so I'm not sure if a research project will be seen as 'not enough quality/hours' for two people. Can someone please tell me if a purely research project is sufficient for a two person crest silver award or not?
Chungha_Soyeon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well the criteria for a silver entails 35+ hours of work and is aimed at 14yrs+. Now I believe if you and the other student are 16yrs+ and you are have been researching into SARS-COV-2, then due to it being a joint collaboration you would need to upload both your work and the other students under ONE CREST submission - as it is a joint project it would be assessed by the number of hours that were contributed to the project as a whole, that means if you do 40hrs+ and your partner does 30hrs+ then that will equal 70hrs+ work, now as long as your report is written well that would mean that you would get a Gold Award. Remember that if you apply for a Gold and get it then bonus, but if you dont then you could be offered a silver award or no award instead, whereas if you go for a silver and don't get it then you most likely wont get anything or you may be lucky and get a bronze. It is important to remember that the assessor doesnt have to grade both you and your partner with the same award you may get the same but most likely you will get different based on who wrote theirs better.

I hope that has helped, let me know if you want anymore help
(I submitted my report for a Gold award last week and achieved it, however I did the project individually and not in a team like yourself)
lilac_26
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you that was really helpful! Also, we have another friend( who has already achieved silver)who we were going to do GOLD with after ( hopefully if we get the silver award).So that's why we weren't planning on applying for GOLD. Do you think it is risky going for silver because as you said we may not get anything or just get bronze?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (46)
15.97%
I'm not sure (8)
2.78%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
34.72%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.39%
I'm not a current university student (130)
45.14%

Watched Threads