mela66
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m in college rn and all my “friends” are toxic as in use me don’t really care about me and don’t want the best for me. i’d safely say the friendships are more forced on my end cuz i don’t wanna be a loner. Due to my timetable in collage i’m alone most of the time and my “friends” have their own friends and it’s humiliating to me to be wandering around alone in front of my current friends and everyone at college.

i wanted to move but idk if i have the strength to start of alone. help, any advice ?
Last edited by mela66; 4 weeks ago
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Having no friends is much better than having toxic ones.
Talk to and get to know new people.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mela66)
I’m in college rn and all my “friends” are toxic as in use me don’t really care about me and don’t want the best for me. i’d safely say the friendships are more forced on my end cuz i don’t wanna be a loner. Due to my timetable in collage i’m alone most of the time and my “friends” have their own friends and it’s humiliating to me to be wandering around alone in front of my current friends and everyone at college.

i wanted to move but idk if i have the strength to start of alone. help, any advice ?
You need to like and stick up for yourself.
If they are bad for you then stay away.
Is it better to be round people that are bad for you or have a try at a new college or make new friends?
As long as you like yourself then you are halfway there.
You can also make friends outside of school/ college.
I suppose the only time its a bit lonely is lunch time, but eat your food then take music or a book or study to occupy you.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Get rid then, you shouldn't have to suffer just so you can say you have 'friends'.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Stick with them if you don’t want to be lonely, college only lasts for 2 years and the friendships you have in college don’t really last
Sabz001
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mela66)

They not really your friends are they if they don't want whats best for you, you shouldn't have to feel a certain way just because of them and you do not need to move collage just because of that reason because you need to think of yourself and your future if at that collage what your studying and the collage in itself you like than you shouldn't have to move, plus you shouldn't care what other people think of you people should like you for who you are. Good luck here if you need to talk.
cherlloydfan1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I had this problem in college and I just stopped hanging out with them in the end and was on my own most of the time which I didn't like but no one really cares anyway
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (54)
15.34%
I'm not sure (9)
2.56%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (122)
34.66%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.7%
I'm not a current university student (161)
45.74%

Watched Threads