liamsamuels
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I can’t find a thread for us prospective veterinary applicants and as we will be applying this time next year, I thought this would be a good time to make one! Let’s start with:

1) GCSE results
2) A-level options
3) Work experience so far

For me:

1) 999999886
2) Biology, Chemistry and English Literature (I’ve always really enjoyed English and think I’ll do well in it so that’s why I haven’t gone for a ‘traditional’ science subject like maths)
3) It’s quite a late decision for me to decide to study vet med. I’ll get some work experience and I’ve started applying but it will obviously be difficult to get some placements in the current climate!

Good luck everyone
Last edited by liamsamuels; 1 month ago
TheWannabeFarmer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I really wouldn't worry about thinking your application is too late - Personally I didn't decide on veterinary till I had a year out, so then was a further year out for the application cycle - So long as you meet the minimum requirements and have the right personality you will be fine
grace.2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1) 9999988777
2) Biology, Chemistry, Geography (so happy Im not the only one not doing maths !)
3) 1 Week lambing, Volunteered once a week for 5 months in a small animal clinic. All the placements I had planned from march- September have gotten cancelled and I'm currently struggling to find placements for next year. Has anyone had any luck planning placements?
liamsamuels
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by grace.2)
1) 9999988777
2) Biology, Chemistry, Geography (so happy Im not the only one not doing maths !)
3) 1 Week lambing, Volunteered once a week for 5 months in a small animal clinic. All the placements I had planned from march- September have gotten cancelled and I'm currently struggling to find placements for next year. Has anyone had any luck planning placements?
I used to stress so much about not doing maths! I definitely wouldn’t do well in it (that’s my 6 at gcse lol). Are you interested in any particular unis?
not.a.tree
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey y'all.
I just want to let you guys know that there is already a chat fro 2022 applicant located here, so there are more people to discuss and ask questions to:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6497866
grace.2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by liamsamuels)
I used to stress so much about not doing maths! I definitely wouldn’t do well in it (that’s my 6 at gcse lol). Are you interested in any particular unis?
My heart is set on Edinburgh but I'm trying to keep open minded. Hopefully we'll be able to experience proper open days !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads