Friends think badly of a girl I’m trying to date

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have been talking to a girl I have known since school so we’re good friends I suppose and we have been talking for easily 4 months and I found out from one of her friends that she likes me and I like her but my friends don’t like her and never did through school and consider her a massive step down compared to others and I’m just worried when I get with her they’ll just take the piss to be honest, thoughts? my original idea was to just ignore them and date who I want but that might mean blocking a few friends for her.

What to do?
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have been talking to a girl I have known since school so we’re good friends I suppose and we have been talking for easily 4 months and I found out from one of her friends that she likes me and I like her but my friends don’t like her and never did through school and consider her a massive step down compared to others and I’m just worried when I get with her they’ll just take the piss to be honest, thoughts? my original idea was to just ignore them and date who I want but that might mean blocking a few friends for her.

What to do?
Why dont your friends like her?
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sod what your friends think. They're not the ones who will be going out with her, you will. Let them take the piss, just let it go in one ear and out the other. If they're actually your mates they'll get over it eventually.
Last edited by ROTL94; 1 month ago
Charlie101998
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your friends are allowed to have their own opinions of people, and if they don't like her then oh well. A few of my friends didnt like the guys ive dated in the past. its life. The thing to consider is whether you like the idea of dating her or not. If you wanna date her, then date her.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Those aren’t friends if your friendship with them will be affected by you dating someone they don’t like. If you like her, then just date her. It really doesn’t matter about what your friends think
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

What to do?
You do what you feel is right, if you're old enough you should realise to do things because YOU want to do them, not because of what your peers/friends may say.

Anyone who stands in the way of your happiness, shouldn't and like you suggested it would mean ignoring them. That is really down to you man, if she is good for you and you two connect then it's worth a shot!

My friends didn't really like my boyfriend much, eventually, they just grew quiet over it, friends would get it if they're your real friends.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What is it that your friends don’t like about her?
The answer to that question affects any other advice that can be given...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (182)
14.23%
I'm not sure (59)
4.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (376)
29.4%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (625)
48.87%

Watched Threads