Starting Uni but also have autumn alevel exams help!

Watch
amber2106
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm an individual resit applicant whose alevels were rlly not the best. I was fortunate enough to get into Uni with my old grades through clearing. As I am not in a position where I can take another gap year, I'm taking my alevels in October but my uni would have started by then.
Obviously did not expect corona to happen, no one did but, now I don't know what to do with regards to workshops I have to attend and my exams as they r on the same days.
Will my uni be understanding of this?
Any help appreciated
Last edited by amber2106; 1 month ago
Ne en mia nomo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by amber2106)
So I'm an individual resit applicant whose alevels were rlly not the best. I was fortunate enough to get into Uni with my old grades through clearing. As I am not in a position where I can take another gap year, I'm taking my alevels in October but my uni would have started by then.
Obviously did not expect corona to happen, no one did but, now I don't know what to do with regards to workshops I have to attend and my exams as they r on the same days.
Any help appreciated
I don't really understand your question; why are you bothered with your A levels if you've managed to get into uni with your old grades? I mean you do your A levels to get into uni, and you're already there.
Last edited by Ne en mia nomo; 1 month ago
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by amber2106)
Any help appreciated
I understand your reasons for still caring about your A level grades as they could be important for future jobs. However, your current dilemma is one reason why I have been advising people not to try to start uni and “retake” A levels at the same time in the Autumn or Summer - clashes are bound to occur.
Now you are in this situation I would say the exams must take priority as you will be able to catch up on the workshop based learning but if you miss the exams that is that - even if you put the exams off until the summer there will probably be more clashes then.
Personally I would tell the uni you are unwell on the day of the exams - if you are more honest than me you will need to ask your uni in advance for permission to miss the workshops and hope they are understanding.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (105)
13.43%
I'm not sure (35)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.82%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.43%
I'm not a current university student (382)
48.85%

Watched Threads