h.o123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so i’m retaking maths which is definite but i’m stuck about what to do for english. i passed lit with a 4 and lang with a 5 but i’m wondering if i should retake again to get 7/8? would it benefit me or should i just leave it as it is? the only reason why this is bothering me is throughout my entire school experience i had never got lower than a 7 in english. but also for uni etc
JohnnyHK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by h.o123)
so i’m retaking maths which is definite but i’m stuck about what to do for english. i passed lit with a 4 and lang with a 5 but i’m wondering if i should retake again to get 7/8? would it benefit me or should i just leave it as it is? the only reason why this is bothering me is throughout my entire school experience i had never got lower than a 7 in english. but also for uni etc
HI,

From the way you asked the question it seems like you KNOW that you're way better than the 4 and 5 that you got. I think definitely take the English Language again because employers and colleges always look at English Language when you apply and a 7 is SO much better than a 4. ALSO English Lang doesn't require much revision.

Do the English Literature ONLY if it won't take away time from your other studies. Bottom line: Maths and English Language are the ones you need to up your scores. Eng Lit is a luxury that would be nice to have.

All the very best ....
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
would definitely be a bonus if you had a higher english lang grade, but a 5 won't be massively limiting, depending on what and where you apply. english lang i think is pretty straightforward to revise for so the workload shouldn't be too bad if you wish to retake it. take it if you think you can get a better grade.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
36.18%
No (80)
52.63%
I don't know (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise