Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I would like to do medicine in KCL but I don’t have time right GCSES for right so is it possible that I do another course there and when U complete that course, despite me not having the correct GCSES will I be allowed once I have the degree?

So If i take a biomedical science degree, will I be allowed to then take medicine without havering the right GCSES? thanks
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why would you want to be at university for 9 years? Can you not just pay someone to tutor you in the G.C.S.E. subjects you're short on or look into F.E. colleges' G.C.S.E. programmes and do those exams then apply to K.C.L. next year?
Last edited by ROTL94; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ROTL94)
Why would you want to be at university for 9 years? Can you not just pay someone to tutor you in the G.C.S.E. subjects you're short on or look into F.E. colleges' G.C.S.E. programmes and do those exams then apply to K.C.L. next year?
9 years? really? And yeah I don’t want to do that that’s why i’m asking. I don’t really understand how the website works and it’s not easy to email them.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I would like to do medicine in KCL but I don’t have time right GCSES for right so is it possible that I do another course there and when U complete that course, despite me not having the correct GCSES will I be allowed once I have the degree?

So If i take a biomedical science degree, will I be allowed to then take medicine without havering the right GCSES? thanks
Read https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...hools-2021.pdf

P.S. I would serious advise you not to do a degree with the sole aim to do Graduate Entry Medicine. It'll take longer, cost more and be much more competitive than taking a gap year to improve your stats and reapply to standard undergrad medicine. Even 2 gap years if you must.

Doing a degree and then applying for GEM is just delaying the much harder competitive to three years' time. By then you may well have to take a gap year(s) anyway because GEM is so competitive and it's not uncommon for people not to have any offers.

P.S. Limited yourself to one medical school is also unwise.
Last edited by ecolier; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ecolier)
Read https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...hools-2021.pdf

P.S. I would serious advise you not to do a degree with the sole aim to do Graduate Entry Medicine. It'll take longer, cost more and be much more competitive than taking a gap year to improve your stats and reapply to standard undergrad medicine. Even 2 gap years if you must.

Doing a degree and then applying for GEM is just delaying the much harder competitive to three years' time. By then you may well have to take a gap year(s) anyway because GEM is so competitive and it's not uncommon for people not to have any offers.

P.S. Limited yourself to one medical school is also unwise.
Thank you. I applied for other schools KCL is an unlikely option for me but I’m just choosing it as another option. I have applied to others and it’s unlikely I will go here anyway. So in every case it’s not a good idea to do a degree just for medicine or just in KCL?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you. I applied for other schools KCL is an unlikely option for me but I’m just choosing it as another option. I have applied to others and it’s unlikely I will go here anyway. So in every case it’s not a good idea to do a degree just for medicine or just in KCL?
Just for Medicine... all GEM courses are much more competitive than the equivalent standard undergrad medicine courses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (76)
14.05%
I'm not sure (23)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (172)
31.79%
I have already dropped out (11)
2.03%
I'm not a current university student (259)
47.87%

Watched Threads