Can your predicted grades change after you've sent off UCAS?

Watch
confuzzledteen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My friend asked me this question, and I replied with "of course not." But just wanted to double check myself, as it got me thinking.. My friend has already sent off his UCAS application and his biology teacher had predicted him an A; however, in the recent two tests, he got a B & a C so his biology teacher threatened to lower his predicted grade - but that wouldn't be possible, given he's already sent off his application.. right?
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, your school can't change your predicted grades once you have submitted your UCAS application.
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well, the application itself cannot be amended, but the school could send revised predictions directly to the uni’s involved. Whether they take them into account is another matter, (I know Oxbridge have a deadline for amendments and don’t accept them at all after a certain date).

However, this is almost always used to amend grades upwards. Schools don’t really care if you start underperforming after the app is sent, it’s the applicants issue at that stage.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (106)
13.43%
I'm not sure (36)
4.56%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (242)
30.67%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.41%
I'm not a current university student (386)
48.92%

Watched Threads