Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
On the 9th of September, I have had sexual intercourse with my boyfriend for the first time using condom. Before putting a condom, he placed his penis on the outer of my vagina (Idk if that has anything got to do). When I got home, I was bleeding because it was my first time I think. It has been 2 weeks then, and now I feel tired and go to the toilet more often. Also, I get white discharge. I am very concerned if this has to do anything with pregnancy
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Take a test
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
On the 9th of September, I have had sexual intercourse with my boyfriend for the first time using condom. Before putting a condom, he placed his penis on the outer of my vagina (Idk if that has anything got to do). When I got home, I was bleeding because it was my first time I think. It has been 2 weeks then, and now I feel tired and go to the toilet more often. Also, I get white discharge. I am very concerned if this has to do anything with pregnancy
Bleeding is completely normal during/after your first time, so don't worry about that. When you go to the toilet, do you get pain whilst urinating? If so, this could be a UTI and you should see your GP. White discharge is also fairly common and can be because of where you are in your cycle.

If there was sperm on your boyfriend's penis when it touched your vulva, then there could be a chance of pregnancy (although this would be very small). If you used the condom correctly, then there would only be about a 3% chance that you're pregnant. The only way to know for sure is for you to take a pregnancy test, or see your GP. You can buy tests from supermarkets and pharmacies.

If you're quite concerned about the risk of pregnancy, then I recommend seeing your GP anyway to discuss different methods of contraception, their effectiveness and which one would be best for you.
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
If you used the condom correctly, then there would only be about a 3% chance that you're pregnant.
From the NHS website:

When used correctly every time you have sex, male condoms are 98% effective. This means 2 out of 100 women will become pregnant in one year when male condoms are used as contraception. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contra.../male-condoms/

Don't frighten the poor lass - if you got pregnant every 50 times you had sex then there would be problems!

Realistically to get pregnant you need a large volume of semen deposited deep in your vagina to get pregnant. A single sperm is no risk. The whole pre-*** thoughts are flawed and VERY unlikely to result in pregnancy. The penis on the outer of the vagina poses no risk of pregnancy.

If the condom didn't break then the risk of pregnancy is basically zero. Try not to worry. I suspect the discharge is the fact you had sex and 'disturbed' things in there. Worrying about pregnancy is normal and I suspect some symptoms you are experiencing are from fear and anxiety.

Relax, it will all be ok.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Apachecow)
From the NHS website:

When used correctly every time you have sex, male condoms are 98% effective. This means 2 out of 100 women will become pregnant in one year when male condoms are used as contraception. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contra.../male-condoms/

Don't frighten the poor lass - if you got pregnant every 50 times you had sex then there would be problems!

Realistically to get pregnant you need a large volume of semen deposited deep in your vagina to get pregnant. A single sperm is no risk. The whole pre-*** thoughts are flawed and VERY unlikely to result in pregnancy. The penis on the outer of the vagina poses no risk of pregnancy.

If the condom didn't break then the risk of pregnancy is basically zero. Try not to worry. I suspect the discharge is the fact you had sex and 'disturbed' things in there. Worrying about pregnancy is normal and I suspect some symptoms you are experiencing are from fear and anxiety.

Relax, it will all be ok.
Nothing I said was frightening. I said the chances of pregnancy were slim if the condom was used correctly, and I said the chance of pregnancy through the penis-vulva contact was very small. Both of which were true. I'm not going tell someone that they have zero chance of pregnancy because that's completely false unless she or her partner are infertile. It's important to acknowledge the risks/chances no matter how small they may be.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (22)
27.85%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (8)
10.13%
No I am happy with my choice (45)
56.96%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
5.06%

Watched Threads