Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
i wanna work in law for couple of years and then business
Original post by dina halawani
Bath masters management
Queen Marry LLM

Hi there,

Other than the obvious differences in the courses, which will rely on your personal preferences, I'd say the biggest difference is the cities themselves. Queen Mary is in London, so is in a huge, busting city with loads to do, but it'll also be a lot more expensive. Bath is a very small city, with a good amount to do but not loads. Most people go to Bristol for art, museums, live music/gigs/shows and so on, as it is a big city only 15 mins away by train. I'd say if you want a quieter city that is still beautiful with some nice stuff to do, and with a big city easily accessibly, then Bath is the better option. If you want a bigger, more diverse city that has more energy and more to do then London is the better option.

I hope this has helped,
Jessica, a final year NatSci student
Original post by University of Bath
Hi there,

Other than the obvious differences in the courses, which will rely on your personal preferences, I'd say the biggest difference is the cities themselves. Queen Mary is in London, so is in a huge, busting city with loads to do, but it'll also be a lot more expensive. Bath is a very small city, with a good amount to do but not loads. Most people go to Bristol for art, museums, live music/gigs/shows and so on, as it is a big city only 15 mins away by train. I'd say if you want a quieter city that is still beautiful with some nice stuff to do, and with a big city easily accessibly, then Bath is the better option. If you want a bigger, more diverse city that has more energy and more to do then London is the better option.

I hope this has helped,

which university have a better reputation?
Original post by dina halawani
which university have a better reputation?

Hi,

If you look at The Guardian's rankings, Bath is ranked the 6th best UK uni and QM is 83rd. If you look at The Complete Uni Guide, Bath is 9th and QM is 35th. Obviously university league/ranking tables need to be taken with a pinch of salt, as there are a lot of factors to consider that may not be reflected in a ranking table. Typically though, Bath ranks in the top 10 UK unis (usually around 6-8th), so in that regard it has a better reputation. I would say that Bath definitely has the best industry reputation, as we have strong industry links and an industrial placements programme that is well established. For example, we have management students doing placements with Disney and L'Oreal! That being said, it's important to not base your decision too heavily on reputation and ranking. You need to choose the course that suits you best and that will teach you content you want to know, not just the course that is more "prestigious".

I hope this has helped,

Quick Reply

Latest