geek84
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Good Morning Folks

I hope you're all well. A friend of a friend was boasting to me the other day that he only pays £12 per year for his road tax. He has a BMW. He failed to tell me how he managed to reduce his road tax charge, even though I asked him repeatedly !!

Is this really possible?

Thank You
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by geek84)
Good Morning Folks

I hope you're all well. A friend of a friend was boasting to me the other day that he only pays £12 per year for his road tax. He has a BMW. He failed to tell me how he managed to reduce his road tax charge, even though I asked him repeatedly !!

Is this really possible?

Thank You
Road tax doesn't exist.

There isn't a rate of VED that would be £12 per year. He probably pays £12 per month.
Joshkav
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cheapest I've had was £30 a year and that was on a Ford Fiesta
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by geek84)
Good Morning Folks

Is this really possible?

Thank You
I pay £20 per year for my Toyota Aygo's car tax, so he's either telling porky pies, or got mixed up and actually meant £12 per month as IWMTom suggests.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My diesel Fiesta was free, you still had to go online and tax it, the bill was just 0.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.49%
I'm not sure (51)
4.53%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (331)
29.42%
I have already dropped out (34)
3.02%
I'm not a current university student (546)
48.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise