Can my school access my medical record without my permissions

Watch
Sa_8649
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I was in hospital over the summer and was told to sit an exam straight into September to enter year 13 I’ve sat the exam and explained that I was disadvantaged due to my health as I didn’t perform as well as possible, I’ve been manipulated by the my school and have been told to leave however they did mention that they called up my hospital to find out further details about my stay in hospital after I have given them enough evidence about my health is this allowed???? If not please tell me how I can take action at first please
katnix
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your school has the right to know about any health related issues you may have. Any stay in hospitals you may have stayed in. That may effect your learning. If your unable to complete the exam to the best of your ability maybe try talking to about letting them give you extra time in your exam. I know in my school people that need extra time in they studied would get 25% percent extra time to complete they exams. So let’s say for example: your cognitive ability is slow or the speed of your writing and comprehensive skills are slow to they would do an assessment with you to determine if giving you extra time in the exam is suitable or not.
Sa_8649
Rep:
?
I’ve sat my exams first then explained my hospital situation which was stupid but they didn’t care I was in hospital at all especially going through lockdown missing education they’ve made me sit these exam because I was slacking at the start of the year so the didn’t directly put me into year 13 bare in mind I am a retake already😭 but I’ve given them my discharge letter but are u very certain they can call my hospital even further and ask for more information About my health as their not legal over my medical information

(Original post by katnix)
Your school has the right to know about any health related issues you may have. Any stay in hospitals you may have stayed in. That may effect your learning. If your unable to complete the exam to the best of your ability maybe try talking to about letting them give you extra time in your exam. I know in my school people that need extra time in they studied would get 25% percent extra time to complete they exams. So let’s say for example: your cognitive ability is slow or the speed of your writing and comprehensive skills are slow to they would do an assessment with you to determine if giving you extra time in the exam is suitable or not.
katnix
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No they can’t access your medical records without your permission only certain groups of people can access your medical records without your permission like parents etc and such I am just saying they may want it to try to find out how it’s best to support you and such
Sa_8649
Rep:
?
Yeah they have been through my medical record and kicked me out of their skl After their decision I have benefitted nothing from it and now it’s the 18th of September most places are full to enroll having me nowhere to go , so I have to take legal actions against them about accessing my medical records do you know what I could do at first to file against them about that please???

No they can’t access your medical records without your permission only certain groups of people can access your medical records without your permission like parents etc and such I am just saying they may want it to try to find out how it’s best to support you and such
katnix
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They isn’t many options if a school has kicked
You out but on of them is: http://www.equalityadvisoryservice.com/app/ask because based on what you have said they only kicked you out due to your stay in hospital and the medical records they saw. Contact that group they may be able to help you find a school place. This is a group where you can file a complaint if your been discriminated against a school or other services such as work etc They may be able to give you free legal advises if you really want to. But you can also file a complaint against the school in your local council and they may be able to help to
Sa_8649
Rep:
?
Ok thank you so much for your help😁
They isn’t many options if a school has kicked
You out but on of them is: http://www.equalityadvisoryservice.com/app/ask because based on what you have said they only kicked you out due to your stay in hospital and the medical records they saw. Contact that group they may be able to help you find a school place. This is a group where you can file a complaint if your been discriminated against a school or other services such as work etc They may be able to give you free legal advises if you really want to. But you can also file a complaint against the school in your local council and they may be able to help to
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.1%
I'm not sure (59)
4.5%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (386)
29.42%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.82%
I'm not a current university student (645)
49.16%

Watched Threads