The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Nursing 2021 Intake Magee

Is anyone else applying for Nursing at Magee in 2021?

Scroll to see replies

Yes Im applying for Mental Health Nursing at Magee :smile:
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Original post by Bear3001
Is anyone else applying for Nursing at Magee in 2021?

Yes hopefully Mental Health Nursing. Sorry i answered below originally. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by 23Cherry
Yes hopefully Mental Health Nursing. Sorry i answered below originally. :smile:

That’s great, I’m applying for adult nursing. Did you attend the open days or the webinar?

I’m trying to get my personal statement sorted and I’m feeling the pressure!
That’s great, I’m applying for adult nursing. Did you attend the open days or the webinar?

I’m trying to get my personal statement sorted and I’m feeling the pressure!

No I didn’t. Im a mature student currently doing the access course and also putting my personal statement together eek! Im really hoping to get in, so nervous!
Reply 5
Hiya, I'm also applying for Adult nursing at Magee!! This is my first cycle and I'm currently completing A-Levels so I'm pretty nervous about it all to say the least :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by mmcla55
Hiya, I'm also applying for Adult nursing at Magee!! This is my first cycle and I'm currently completing A-Levels so I'm pretty nervous about it all to say the least :smile:

It’s nerve wrecking but we’ll get there! My personal statement is wrecking my head 🤦🏻*♀️ Need to get it finished up soon.
Reply 7
It’s nerve wrecking but we’ll get there! My personal statement is wrecking my head 🤦🏻*♀️ Need to get it finished up soon.

Fingers crossed! I know how you feel, I can't seem to get mines right. Are you applying for just Adult nursing?
Reply 8
Original post by mmcla55
Fingers crossed! I know how you feel, I can't seem to get mines right. Are you applying for just Adult nursing?

I’ve sent mine to my tutor so hoping for feedback next week and maybe get it sent off in the next couple of weeks.

I’m only applying for only adult and only Magee so have a lot riding on it! You?
Reply 9
Hopefully then, I've mines sent for feedback as well, but I'm torn between Midwifery @ QUB too and I'm finding it hard to decide between them!! I wrote my statement solely on nursing though so I was just gonna go for it and then do Midwifery further down the line if I'm still passionate about it as it's so competitive to get into. Was thinking of applying for Adult and Mental Health @ Magee and then Adult and Learning Disabilities @ QUB! :smile:
Reply 10
I was the same and I did write a personal statement for midwifery too but Magee is so close and Belfast is just too far to commute at the minute so nursing has become the priority for now. I’m also going to do the conversion course once I’ve qualified for a few years, if I’m still interested in it by then.
Reply 11
Aww really!! I get what you mean, Magee's closer for me as well and I don't mind moving to Belfast but my chances of getting in and money side of things is what's putting me off. I also heard that Magee's doing videos again this year instead of interviews!!
Reply 12
Hey, I’m applying for Adult Nursing at Magee as a mature student🙈, anyone else applying as a mature student?
Reply 13
Original post by Dionnestro
Hey, I’m applying for Adult Nursing at Magee as a mature student🙈, anyone else applying as a mature student?

I am, I’ll be almost 34 when I start, if I get in!
Hey, I am a mature student, 23, currently in final year of my current degree at ulster university and applying for adult nursing at ulster for sep 2021 intake also🤞🏼
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 15
Has anyone sent their application away yet?:s-smilie:
Our Access course required ours to uploaded a few weeks ago, but they have to add references and they may not be sent off to after Christmas
Original post by mmcla55
Has anyone sent their application away yet?:s-smilie:

Is the interviews online this year again? How did you find out?
Yes, i have i sent mine away at the beginning of november there but i think you have up untill the middle of January to apply anyway?
Reply 19
Mine is ready to go, I’m just waiting on my tutor to give me a reference.

Interviews are online, they said at their insight evening in October.

Quick Reply

Latest