Bear3001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is anyone else applying for Nursing at Magee in 2021?
23Cherry
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes Im applying for Mental Health Nursing at Magee
23Cherry
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bear3001)
Is anyone else applying for Nursing at Magee in 2021?
Yes hopefully Mental Health Nursing. Sorry i answered below originally.
Bear3001
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 23Cherry)
Yes hopefully Mental Health Nursing. Sorry i answered below originally.
That’s great, I’m applying for adult nursing. Did you attend the open days or the webinar?

I’m trying to get my personal statement sorted and I’m feeling the pressure!
23Cherry
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That’s great, I’m applying for adult nursing. Did you attend the open days or the webinar?

I’m trying to get my personal statement sorted and I’m feeling the pressure!
No I didn’t. Im a mature student currently doing the access course and also putting my personal statement together eek! Im really hoping to get in, so nervous!
mmcla55
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hiya, I'm also applying for Adult nursing at Magee!! This is my first cycle and I'm currently completing A-Levels so I'm pretty nervous about it all to say the least
Bear3001
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by mmcla55)
Hiya, I'm also applying for Adult nursing at Magee!! This is my first cycle and I'm currently completing A-Levels so I'm pretty nervous about it all to say the least
It’s nerve wrecking but we’ll get there! My personal statement is wrecking my head 🤦🏻*♀️ Need to get it finished up soon.
mmcla55
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
It’s nerve wrecking but we’ll get there! My personal statement is wrecking my head 🤦🏻*♀️ Need to get it finished up soon.
Fingers crossed! I know how you feel, I can't seem to get mines right. Are you applying for just Adult nursing?
Bear3001
Rep:
?
Fingers crossed! I know how you feel, I can't seem to get mines right. Are you applying for just Adult nursing?
I’ve sent mine to my tutor so hoping for feedback next week and maybe get it sent off in the next couple of weeks.

I’m only applying for only adult and only Magee so have a lot riding on it! You?
mmcla55
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hopefully then, I've mines sent for feedback as well, but I'm torn between Midwifery @ QUB too and I'm finding it hard to decide between them!! I wrote my statement solely on nursing though so I was just gonna go for it and then do Midwifery further down the line if I'm still passionate about it as it's so competitive to get into. Was thinking of applying for Adult and Mental Health @ Magee and then Adult and Learning Disabilities @ QUB!
Bear3001
Rep:
?
I was the same and I did write a personal statement for midwifery too but Magee is so close and Belfast is just too far to commute at the minute so nursing has become the priority for now. I’m also going to do the conversion course once I’ve qualified for a few years, if I’m still interested in it by then.
mmcla55
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Aww really!! I get what you mean, Magee's closer for me as well and I don't mind moving to Belfast but my chances of getting in and money side of things is what's putting me off. I also heard that Magee's doing videos again this year instead of interviews!!
Dionnestro
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hey, I’m applying for Adult Nursing at Magee as a mature student🙈, anyone else applying as a mature student?
Bear3001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dionnestro)
Hey, I’m applying for Adult Nursing at Magee as a mature student🙈, anyone else applying as a mature student?
I am, I’ll be almost 34 when I start, if I get in!
SLB89113
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey, I am a mature student, 23, currently in final year of my current degree at ulster university and applying for adult nursing at ulster for sep 2021 intake also🤞🏼
Last edited by SLB89113; 10 months ago
mmcla55
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Has anyone sent their application away yet?
23Cherry
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Our Access course required ours to uploaded a few weeks ago, but they have to add references and they may not be sent off to after Christmas
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
Has anyone sent their application away yet?
Is the interviews online this year again? How did you find out?
SLB89113
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Yes, i have i sent mine away at the beginning of november there but i think you have up untill the middle of January to apply anyway?
Bear3001
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Mine is ready to go, I’m just waiting on my tutor to give me a reference.

Interviews are online, they said at their insight evening in October.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (44)
13.02%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (92)
27.22%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.75%
I'm finding things difficult (112)
33.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.88%

Watched Threads