Soph975
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m currently studying A Level psychology, along with English, German and history (i plan on dropping one, though i don’t know which one), but I LOVE psychology more than i thought i would and I’m now considering doing a degree in it. I would really like to work in the field of psychology - are the careers in this field good? I’ve heard a lot about there being too many people in this field, however i am really passionate about it. Any advice? Or would i be better off studying law or something else?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Soph975)
I’m currently studying A Level psychology, along with English, German and history (i plan on dropping one, though i don’t know which one), but I LOVE psychology more than i thought i would and I’m now considering doing a degree in it. I would really like to work in the field of psychology - are the careers in this field good? I’ve heard a lot about there being too many people in this field, however i am really passionate about it. Any advice? Or would i be better off studying law or something else?
What branch of psychology would you want to go into? It is a very popular subject, but that shouldn't put you off. If you like it and can see yourself enjoying a degree in it, then do so. Also, psychology is such a broad subject you don't have to become a psychologist. You learn a lot of skills so you can go into several different fields.
The Real Me
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i want to do a level psychology but idk which colleges do it in the north west
Arden University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Soph975)
Hi Soph975,

We ran a taster webinar a couple of months back on studying Psychology at university that you may find an interesting watch! It gives an overview of the course at Arden University (which will be similar to many other Psychology courses as it is accredited by the British Psychological Society), and some lecturers also give mini taster lectures too. Here's the link to watch: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rec...64308011564296

You mentioned Law as well - we actually did a taster webinar on Law too, so here's the link for that one too just in case: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rec...21721022148614

Hope you find them useful!

Thanks,
Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (170)
14.64%
I'm not sure (54)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (342)
29.46%
I have already dropped out (35)
3.01%
I'm not a current university student (560)
48.23%

Watched Threads