Rufus the red's rogue ramblings - I gotsta get grades.

Watch
Poll: Should I change my thread title to a normal font so people can find it more easily?
Change it. (33)
42.86%
Don't change it. (44)
57.14%
Rufus the red
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
I am well versed in painting models, I may not do it anymore but you are to be commended.
It's only the interior detail I did (I was tempted but as it's not for me I didn't do the exterior pipes) and I cleaned the metal pieces as they had got quite mucky.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Rufus the red)
It's only the interior detail I did (I was tempted but as it's not for me I didn't do the exterior pipes) and I cleaned the metal pieces as they had got quite mucky.
You still did a nice job of it
Rufus the red
Rep:
?
You still did a nice job of it
The bit that really gets me is the goldy bit as it's so obviously plastic (you can see the seams) and it is mucky on the top but I can't remove it by rubbing and anything harsher would scratch the coating off.
Dell PC 2
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
LovelyMrFox Sofie Rose flumefan1 Raptor Jesus jellybellyb parkerrr DiddyDec ecolier Dell PC 2 khadijaaaxxxx Vardhan95 Synergy~ markovchain17 Hellohsjakodsmka Unicorn2020 deadroseex Chopinnocturne31Tell me if I forgot to tag you.

Important update:

1) We must hold a moment of silence for the dead fox I drive past on my way back from badminton training.

2) I bought (from Ebay - I'm not made of money) and fixed a Hornby train for a friend's birthday and added interior detail so here it is before I give it to him - sigh...

Damn, that's nice.:yep:
I used to go to a model railway club in my school.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
The bit that really gets me is the goldy bit as it's so obviously plastic (you can see the seams) and it is mucky on the top but I can't remove it by rubbing and anything harsher would scratch the coating off.
You could go all out of replace in with brass fittings but it would likely cost you more than it is worth.
Rufus the red
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dell PC 2)
Damn, that's nice.:yep:
I used to go to a model railway club in my school.
I'd love there to be one at my school...
(or a 7 1/4 railway club...)
deadroseex
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
LovelyMrFox Sofie Rose flumefan1 Raptor Jesus jellybellyb parkerrr DiddyDec ecolier Dell PC 2 khadijaaaxxxx Vardhan95 Synergy~ markovchain17 Hellohsjakodsmka Unicorn2020 deadroseex Chopinnocturne31Tell me if I forgot to tag you.

Important update:

1) We must hold a moment of silence for the dead fox I drive past on my way back from badminton training.

2) I bought (from Ebay - I'm not made of money) and fixed a Hornby train for a friend's birthday and added interior detail so here it is before I give it to him - sigh...

The precious fox ):

But wow, I am amazed by your creativity abilities!
Chopinnocturne31
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago

Important update:

:rip:

That train is so cool though! How long did it take you?
Rufus the red
Rep:
?
You could go all out of replace in with brass fittings but it would likely cost you more than it is worth.
I'm too cheap to buy brass fittings for a present.
I am tempted to turn one on a lathe if I can get access to one at school. (I'm doing a DT GCSE but we can't do practicals because Covid.)
Rufus the red
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chopinnocturne31)
:rip:

That train is so cool though! How long did it take you?
I just removed the metal fittings and cleaned them down, added paint inside and fixed up and cleaned the mechanism. I didn't do much to it.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I'm too cheap to buy brass fittings for a present.
I am tempted to turn one on a lathe if I can get access to one at school. (I'm doing a DT GCSE but we can't do practicals because Covid.)
You get to use a lathe at school?!

Best we got was the laser cutter.
Rufus the red
Rep:
?
(Original post by deadroseex)
The precious fox ):

But wow, I am amazed by your creativity abilities!
Thanks.
I should try a Garratt next time...
Rufus the red
Rep:
?
You get to use a lathe at school?!

Best we got was the laser cutter.
I'm hoping to get to use it...

Laser cutters are great I've designed loads of stuff that I've got queued to make in the future...
Chopinnocturne31
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I just removed the metal fittings and cleaned them down, added paint inside and fixed up and cleaned the mechanism. I didn't do much to it.
It’s still really cool!
Rufus the red
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chopinnocturne31)
It’s still really cool!
Thanks.
I'm just about to head off to the party so I'll say goodbye to it there.
Chopinnocturne31
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Thanks.
I'm just about to head off to the party so I'll say goodbye to it there.
Ooh have fun :awesome:
username5410534
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
R.I.P
Foxehh
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago

Important update:

RIP :cry2:

Looks great, nice work
TSR User_123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
R.I.P

Fox
Rufus the red
Rep:
?
I have just got back from the party and I saw something so funny I must share it...
I was waiting to cross the road and I saw this guy on the most metal motorcycle ever. It was all black, had spikes on the mudguard, a skull moulded over the headlight, really high handlebars and was blaring death metal (the tasteless stuff where you have a guy grunting in as low a voice as possible). The guy was wearing studded leather and his black helmet had black spikes and black devil horns and a dark gold visor. At the moment this just seems like a guy 'embracing' his masculinity but behind him there was this woman who was easily taller than him.
I came to the conclusion that he was very short and had a severe case of LMS.

It might not be funny here but it gave me a chuckle at the time (he was about the same height as my friend whose birthday it was and he's at least half a foot shorter than me).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (33)
5.57%
Uncertainty around my education (70)
11.82%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (67)
11.32%
Lack of purpose or motivation (76)
12.84%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.57%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (32)
5.41%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (63)
10.64%
Financial worries (39)
6.59%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (24)
4.05%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.74%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.53%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (59)
9.97%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
7.94%

Watched Threads