Msbrownie.xo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What books would you recommend for alevel English lit year 12 - love through the ages and how many books should I read for wider reading for the year approx
Medici66
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What would you consider wider reading? Books written on the genre or books within the genre ?

( if it’s within the genre I don’t think you should bother unless it really interests you or your teacher really recommends it.)

I never planned out my wider reading ( for on the genre) .I would just read chapters from relevant books/articles whenever I needed them for an essay. If I had to estimate, I’d say I read chunks of about 6 books and over 20 articles.

Sorry if this isn’t much help
Msbrownie.xo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Medici66)
What would you consider wider reading? Books written on the genre or books within the genre ?

( if it’s within the genre I don’t think you should bother unless it really interests you or your teacher really recommends it.)

I never planned out my wider reading ( for on the genre) .I would just read chapters from relevant books/articles whenever I needed them for an essay. If I had to estimate, I’d say I read chunks of about 6 books and over 20 articles.

Sorry if this isn’t much help
No it helped thank you so much, I didn’t even consider articles - I thought u were meant to read like 20 books for wider reading for the school year I really want that A* lmao
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.87%
I'm not sure (32)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.24%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.34%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.88%

Watched Threads