veryCreativeName
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So for my EPQ I'm thinking of comparing the prison system in the UK vs the US. I'd like to start but I have no idea where to start. What should i talk about? How should I structure it? Also would it be better for me to get all my research and notes first before starting writing it or not?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by veryCreativeName)
So for my EPQ I'm thinking of comparing the prison system in the UK vs the US. I'd like to start but I have no idea where to start. What should i talk about? How should I structure it? Also would it be better for me to get all my research and notes first before starting writing it or not?
You need a clear question to ask. What do you want to find about the prison systems? It needs to be structured like an academic report so research those to give you an idea of what you need.

You will need to do your research beforehand so you know whether or not it is a viable topic to write about.
veryCreativeName
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
You need a clear question to ask. What do you want to find about the prison systems? It needs to be structured like an academic report so research those to give you an idea of what you need.

You will need to do your research beforehand so you know whether or not it is a viable topic to write about.
I'm not 100% sure about it yet but I wanted to find out which system is better with dealing with prisoners/which has a higher reoffending rate and the reason for that. Or something similar. I was planning to do research first so I could alter my question if i needed to.
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not 100% sure about it yet but I wanted to find out which system is better with dealing with prisoners/which has a higher reoffending rate and the reason for that. Or something similar. I was planning to do research first so I could alter my question if i needed to.
It needs to be quite specific. When you say which system is better, what do you mean by better? In what sense? These are the things my teachers asked me when I did my EPQ. You need to have a clear research question in mind and reach a clear conclusion.
veryCreativeName
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
It needs to be quite specific. When you say which system is better, what do you mean by better? In what sense? These are the things my teachers asked me when I did my EPQ. You need to have a clear research question in mind and reach a clear conclusion.
My teacher hasn't really been helping us that much really. Thanks anyway for the tips.
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My teacher hasn't really been helping us that much really. Thanks anyway for the tips.
You're welcome. Feel free to pop me a message if you have any questions. It's been a few years since I did mine but I remember it pretty well :yes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.54%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.44%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (544)
48.53%

Watched Threads