How can I get high marks in english language paper 2 section a gcse?

Watch
DALLAVID
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My exam board is edexcel. What strategies/tips can I be given that can help me to get higher marks in question 6, 7a and 7b (im aiming for a level 8)
OCorOOC6337
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I didn't take Edexcel but I would always recommend going on your exam board's website and finding mark schemes, example answers and such. Talk to your teacher, see if they have any good models from previous years. Look at the structure of examples, for what parts gain marks and what's superfluous and try to build up a technique/structure from there. Good luck!
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
plenty of exam practice- hand answers to teacher for feedback and read through and annotate exemplars
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I got full marks in this section when I sat my exams.

Use the same techniques for question six as you do for question four in the first paper. You discuss how the writer successfully does something, and you use the setting(s), ideas, themes and events. Your answer should be at least three paragraphs. Language and structure do not need to be mentioned. Praise the writer's methods in every paragraph.

For question seven, part a is simple. Find three distinct similarities and support them with textual evidence. You shouldn't spend too much time at all.

The second part, part b, requires a comparison between the two texts, which involves language and structure. The points made here need to be intricate and unique.

I have exemplar essays on this site.

- TE
Last edited by Tolgash; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15%
I'm not sure (14)
3.68%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (129)
33.95%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.58%
I'm not a current university student (174)
45.79%

Watched Threads