The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Reading Lists

Will I be getting any info on what books I should read/buy soon? I'm studying Modern European Studies which includes Hist, Pol and French.
I've got a huge Collins French dictionary but was mainly wondering about Hist and Pol.

Thanks!

Also if anyone else needs to know about their reading lists then they can post in here too, it's not just my question :yep:
If you know the name of the specific module, you can find a list of recommended books here: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/is/gateway/readinglists/
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Ah thanks so much!

edit: well i'll need to look once my username is sorted out, but still thanks anyway!
Reply 3
Heya, i'm on the same course as you but i'll be studying History, French and Spanish :biggrin:
Reply 4
kit603
Heya, i'm on the same course as you but i'll be studying History, French and Spanish :biggrin:

aww hi! :smile:
I thought about taking that stream and doing beginners Spanish but the thought of one language was enough for me!
Reply 5
Lol :tongue: I was torn between Spanish and Politics, but eventually decided on Spanish... i'm not too sure I made the right decision now though.

Is it post a level french you'll be doing?
Reply 6
kit603
Lol :tongue: I was torn between Spanish and Politics, but eventually decided on Spanish... i'm not too sure I made the right decision now though.

Is it post a level french you'll be doing?

Yep - gonna be hard! :frown: You?
Reply 7
It'll be fine. They start right from scratch again, even though they say that it's post A level so don't worry :smile:
Reply 8
Yeah, we might even share a class :biggrin: When do you register? Is it 1pm on monday?
Reply 9
That registration time thingy is not too strict. We went to ours a couple of hours early and they let us just go straight through as it wasn't busy at all. I'd recommend going to do it before or after you've finished at Fresher's Fayre as it's so much quicker as you're over that side of campus.
Reply 10
Thanks for the tip :biggrin: How long does registration usually take and what sorta stuff do you need to take other than your loan/finance info?
Reply 11
We literally walked straight through, so a matter of 5mins, if that! I don't think that Notts have to see our finance schedules, so I don't think I took anything, just basically proved that I was actually there. Although I'd take:
-your finance schedule
-your student card (although this should just be on you most of the time anyway :smile: )
-your acceptance letter from UCAS (I believe that they sent me one, although cannot remember)

...and that'd be it! If you really want to cut queues in the first week though, download a form from the health centre's website and fill it out before you get there, makes it so much quicker. Although, I made a friend on my course from the registration, so..
Reply 12
etudiant i read your signature as MGMT (as in the band) Studies with French lol - would be a brilliant course if real!
(sorry that was horrendously off topic :o: )
Reply 13
(lool)
Reply 14
I thought you got your student card AT registration... *confused*
Reply 15
Nah, I didn't. I got my student card on the very first day. the very first thing that I did infact when you walk into the bar of your halls (or wherever they're directing you) you get your catering card, your uni card and your room key. Well this is how it happened last year, else you'd have no way of getting in and out of your halls if you're living in halls like Southwell or Newark. And in some places into their food halls too.
Reply 16
Ahhh... any clue what happens if you're not in halls? Lol.
Reply 17
Hm..you may get them at registration or where are you? Raleigh Park or Broadgate? If so, you may get them with your keys as that is still univeristy arranged accomm isn't it? If not, you may just have to go to Portland and pick them up from somewhere.

Latest

Trending

Trending