sophbrand31
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’ve just started a new job at co op and have done the online training for the think 25 and I know that i have to Id someone if they don’t look over 25. I haven’t yet had to refuse a sale (all the people I’ve served today definitely looked over 25, all looked at least 40 or older).
What’s the best thing to say when someone is either underage or hasn’t got their ID on them?
I just wanna know as I feel like I’d mess it up and wouldn’t explain it correctly when refusing the sale.
Exact wordings/quotes of how to refuse politely would be great!!!
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's a flawed policy imo

Last Year some woman was refusing to sell me paracetamol because I didn't have ID. I'm in my 30s....
I asked her if she seriously thought i was 15 (the legal age to buy paracetamol is 16)

and she replied "I'm not being funny, but some 15 year olds do have facial hair these days"

Like when did she last get her eyes tested? I know I look young, but I don't look that young.....
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sophbrand31)
So I’ve just started a new job at co op and have done the online training for the think 25 and I know that i have to Id someone if they don’t look over 25. I haven’t yet had to refuse a sale (all the people I’ve served today definitely looked over 25, all looked at least 40 or older).
What’s the best thing to say when someone is either underage or hasn’t got their ID on them?
I just wanna know as I feel like I’d mess it up and wouldn’t explain it correctly when refusing the sale.
Exact wordings/quotes of how to refuse politely would be great!!!
Just politely ask if they have I'd.
Most people have heard of the think 25 anyway. Some have even been id'ed themselves before. Some are also flattered to be id'ed as it obviously means they look young.
If anyone does ask why you have asked for I'd, then just say that there's the think 25 policy and everyone who looks under 25 has to be id'ed.
Most people don't get funny but if there's anyone who does then get your supervisor/manager. That usually shuts them up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (173)
14.59%
I'm not sure (54)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (346)
29.17%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (578)
48.74%

Watched Threads