dude999
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
So I am taking maths because I want to do physics. At the school I go to, you have to study maths in order to take physics. Well, I am struggling a lot in maths but I am worried that if I drop the subject then I might have to drop physics and I am doing OK in physics. We have only done one topic on differentiation and just started tangents. I don't want to keep asking for help. On the baseline test I only managed 23/48. I don't even need to ask the teacher for help no more. I just look up and he comes over. Its only the pure maths I struggle with. Should I stick it out or just drop it and then take the risk of losing physics?
owlknightdragon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Go through the maths curriculum for ur exam board and pick out ur weak topics and make sure u revise them A LOT. use past paers and a LOT of exam style questions
davros
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by dude999)
So I am taking maths because I want to do physics. At the school I go to, you have to study maths in order to take physics. Well, I am struggling a lot in maths but I am worried that if I drop the subject then I might have to drop physics and I am doing OK in physics. We have only done one topic on differentiation and just started tangents. I don't want to keep asking for help. On the baseline test I only managed 23/48. I don't even need to ask the teacher for help no more. I just look up and he comes over. Its only the pure maths I struggle with. Should I stick it out or just drop it and then take the risk of losing physics?
When you say you "want to do physics" is that purely in the A level sense, or are you looking at doing something physics-related at uni? Because if you don't have Maths then you will struggle with more advanced physics work.
dude999
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I do want to do Physics at uni. I'm slowly coming to understand maths though so I might stick it out a bit longer. My only concern now is the amount of maths that is in physics at uni as physics is applied maths.

(Original post by davros)
When you say you "want to do physics" is that purely in the A level sense, or are you looking at doing something physics-related at uni? Because if you don't have Maths then you will struggle with more advanced physics work.
Eris13696
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don’t know what board you’re doing, but I suggest this book, it has step by step example, and I can give you a free version if you want, good luck anyways. I hope everything goes well

https://www.ebooks.com/en-ae/book/20...MaArnfEALw_wcB
dude999
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
At the moment I am starting to get the hang of it now. My teacher said that we had started off with harder stuff so that we had longer to go over it
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
At the moment I am starting to get the hang of it now. My teacher said that we had started off with harder stuff so that we had longer to go over it
This is a great website:
https://www.drfrostmaths.com/sow.php...2017&term=Main
dude999
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thanks, I just checked out the website and it is based off the same book we use in class
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thanks, I just checked out the website and it is based off the same book we use in class
There are worked examples in the PPTs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (394)
56.61%
I don't have everything I need (302)
43.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed