The Student Room Group

Studying law with these results?

Hi, this year in S6 I’m doing advanced higher art, higher psychology and higher business. At S5 I got 5 As in my highers, and in S4 I got 5 As and a B. Looking at entry requirements atm for different unis and a few are mentioning at least 2 advanced highers.
Will my subjects and their levels this year matter that much seen as I got 5 As? For Glasgow more so?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Button212
Hi, this year in S6 I’m doing advanced higher art, higher psychology and higher business. At S5 I got 5 As in my highers, and in S4 I got 5 As and a B. Looking at entry requirements atm for different unis and a few are mentioning at least 2 advanced highers.
Will my subjects and their levels this year matter that much seen as I got 5 As? For Glasgow more so?

Even with 5 As, you will need to meet any other requirements that universities set as part of the minimum entry requirements.

Since you mentioned Glasgow specifically, it says on the website that by the end of S6 you need AAAAAA at higher OR AAAA (higher) + BB (AH) [with a minimum of AAABB in S5 for either option], so your subject choices this year would allow you to meet the first of those options :smile:

That's not to say that the conditions they set you wouldn't include your AH, but you're in a strong position to have achieved at least the minimum by the end of S6 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending