The Student Room Group

Im so depressed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fermion.
You aren’t “depressed” because you’ve given yourself unrealistic goals. To be a good doctor you need to be able to manage your time and set achievable goals and right now you just sound whingy and stubborn. Take a gap year or do something else.

Nothings impossible if you put your mind to it AND I have put my mind on this My problem is how Im gonna get my predicted grades and what Im gonna do about my gcse By october 15
Original post by Anonymous
Nothings impossible if you put your mind to it AND I have put my mind on this My problem is how Im gonna get my predicted grades and what Im gonna do about my gcse By october 15

I mead do I just leave a gap where im supposed to put my gcse results??
Original post by Panjsuce
Why not? This currently doesn’t seem feasible, especially as you’ve mentioned you are self-studying. Can we have more context? What are your alternatives?

I actually don't have any alternatives>Im just fixed on one thing and thats medicine.
???????????????????????
I actually don't have any alternatives>Im just fixed on one thing and thats medicine.

Your approach is extremely unrealistic as is your current plan for obvious reasons, I would really suggest changing your route if you are to stick with medicine as your ultimate goal as others have suggested. The biomedical route to postgrad medicine is a reasonable and well recognised route which you dismissed without thought, which says much about your mindset. I guess you can find out for yourself via the inevitability of it all how unrealistic your approach is. Good luck
Why wouldn’t I think that, OPs responses seem very unserious

Well you can’t get your GCSEs by October 15? And no teacher is going to lie for you and give you good predicted grades. Cut your losses and move on.
Well you can’t get your GCSEs by October 15? And no teacher is going to lie for you and give you good predicted grades. Cut your losses and move on.

Regarding the second point, they’re self studying so probably are unsure how to obtain the predicted
I dont want to take a gap year
yh its quite possible

What made you want to go into medicine, if you don't mind me asking? It just seems a bit like you need to take some time to grow and explore your options because you've said you don't want to go into anything but medicine but aren't willing to consider other routes apart from the one you've described in your thread starting post.

Why not?
And no teacher is going to lie for you and give you good predicted grades.

Tell that to some people who had their exams cancelled and whose teachers massively over-predicted them... Other than that yeah I agree with your comment
(edited 3 years ago)
Seek medical help, it sounds as if you need it.
Defo a troll

Kindly stop abusing anon. I agree with you but when you aren't on anon it lends weight to you argument or message. :biggrin:
Original post by Rufus the red
Kindly stop abusing anon.

:clap2:
Original post by 1st superstar
:clap2:

It really bugs me.
If you want have a look at the rules in my blog. :colone:
It really bugs me.

Same it bugs me too.
It really bugs me.

How was i abusive rufus
How was i abusive rufus

You weren't abusing people but you have been using anonymous for messages that aren't embarrassing or require you to hide your identity and therefore you are abusing the anonymous feature.

Quick Reply

Latest