Swallowed a foreign object !

Watch
Anonymous #1
#1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
#1
Okay so I was skying water and felt something weird go through my mouth. I spat everything out but whatever it was, got stuck in my throat -- basically choked me for a minute until it went right inside me. Tried gagging -- it didn't come out.

Not sure what to do now.

I was so confused first and panicked about what was in the water. It was tap water so I thought maybe something like the filtering piece from the spout fell in my bottle (literally my first thought). OR when my brother was filling up the bottle, he either dropped one of the pistachios (with shell) in it.

I'm so scared, I dont know if I should get it checked because it could be the filter from the spout or the pistachio shell might do something.

So the big fat question is should I not worry since Im not getting choked up? Where is this foreign object gonna go -- hopefully through my stomach and exits outta me (biology pros or medics: help me)? Just any good answers will work to reassure me, thanks.
0
reply
Anonymous #2
#2
Report 1 month ago
#2
(Original post by Anonymous)
Okay so I was skying water and felt something weird go through my mouth. I spat everything out but whatever it was, got stuck in my throat -- basically choked me for a minute until it went right inside me. Tried gagging -- it didn't come out.

Not sure what to do now.

I was so confused first and panicked about what was in the water. It was tap water so I thought maybe something like the filtering piece from the spout fell in my bottle (literally my first thought). OR when my brother was filling up the bottle, he either dropped one of the pistachios (with shell) in it.

I'm so scared, I dont know if I should get it checked because it could be the filter from the spout or the pistachio shell might do something.

So the big fat question is should I not worry since Im not getting choked up? Where is this foreign object gonna go -- hopefully through my stomach and exits outta me (biology pros or medics: help me)? Just any good answers will work to reassure me, thanks.
I would talk to your doctor, my brother swallowed a cocktail stick once and had to have scans to check for internal damage.
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (150)
14.49%
I'm not sure (45)
4.35%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (310)
29.95%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.61%
I'm not a current university student (503)
48.6%

Watched Threads

View All
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise