peltrock
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi all,

I'm a Digital Media Graduate (2014), and currently deciding about going back to Uni.

Since then I've done a few office roles, mostly Admin type. Recently I lost my job due to the current situation, so I've just been doing contract/temp admin work.

However since I'm currently not tied to a full time job, I was wondering if it's maybe a good idea to go back to Uni, and study something more relevant? I have that degree, but with my job types, I haven't really used it.

I've been applying for Computing and Computer Science. I've received 2 offers.

1 Conditional for Computer Science (Got to complete an exam in Python).

1 Unconditional for Computing.

Just wondered everyone's opinions.

Thanks.
snoopydoopz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yes job market is awful, its a good time instead to study - you already have offers and get a pg loan if required.
masters always helps; esp with something like digital media where you can definitely learn more skills..
id go for a course with maths/sciency bits esp. data science as you work with media (hence you want to analyse audience and marketing)-
also go with the course that has more FTF!!!
Hopt that helps
peltrock
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by snoopydoopz)
yes job market is awful, its a good time instead to study - you already have offers and get a pg loan if required.
masters always helps; esp with something like digital media where you can definitely learn more skills..
id go for a course with maths/sciency bits esp. data science as you work with media (hence you want to analyse audience and marketing)-
also go with the course that has more FTF!!!
Hopt that helps
Thanks for your input, even today I've been indecisive.

So I guess Computer Science is the best route to go.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
14.65%
I'm not sure (14)
3.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (132)
33.93%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.54%
I'm not a current university student (180)
46.27%

Watched Threads