Stelios76
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Good evening all, hope everyone is well!

It will be 4 weeks since I went through OASC in a few days, and I haven't heard anything, the wait is killing me. Is it worth a phone call to my afco on Monday or do I hold off?

Someone from my board heard back quite quickly that they'd been rejected, and a friend who was on an oasc board before lockdown said he found out that he was placed into the sift a couple of days after his board.

Can anyone shed any light as to why I've been kept waiting?
AscendingWings
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Due to the current COVID climate I'd not stress too much about waiting out for a reply. Calling the AFCO for an update is your decision of course, they may well have information to present. No harm in calling them. Even if all they tell you is a rough timescale for currently how long you may need to wait to hear back.
Stelios76
Rep:
?
(Original post by AscendingWings)
Due to the current COVID climate I'd not stress too much about waiting out for a reply. Calling the AFCO for an update is your decision of course, they may well have information to present. No harm in calling them. Even if all they tell you is a rough timescale for currently how long you may need to wait to hear back.
Much appreciated sir, all the best!
AlphaTango
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What role?

My understanding is they are undertaking OASC for priority roles over a more spaced out schedule then having a board where they select the best candidates from multiple OASC’s. However there is no harm in asking your AFCO.
Stelios76
Rep:
?
(Original post by AlphaTango)
What role?

My understanding is they are undertaking OASC for priority roles over a more spaced out schedule then having a board where they select the best candidates from multiple OASC’s. However there is no harm in asking your AFCO.
Hey!

Im in for a priority one role - SNCO ATC, i think ill give them a call just to see what they say, we were told 3 to 4 weeks and my concern comes from the fact that Ive been seeing people get rejected or put into the sift within days of their board. At this rate, Yes, No, or Sift - I just want to know haha

Thanks for taking the time to respond
Stelios76
Rep:
?
Just as an update, I think I've passed!? Got a call today confirming my aircrew medical appointment
AscendingWings
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Stelios76)
Just as an update, I think I've passed!? Got a call today confirming my aircrew medical appointment
Great stuff
AlphaTango
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Stelios76)
Contact your AFCO for clarity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
18.75%
I'm not sure (5)
2.84%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (57)
32.39%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.7%
I'm not a current university student (78)
44.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise