lilyedwards24
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m currently doing my a levels that are psychology business rs and history and are in year 12. I want to study law in the states so is there any extra tests/courses I need to do, what the application process is, fees, social life, etc. ANY HELP PLEASE!!
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Law degrees are graduate degrees (JD) in the US, you need to have an undergraduate (BA/BSc/etc) degree before you can apply to law school there. So get a degree, in any subject, from anywhere, first. Then you can pursue a law degree in the US.

It's probably more straightforward to get a law degree in the UK and then focus on states which allow foreign lawyers to take the bar directly or after just an LLM or equivalent undertaken in the US (with any relevant coursework necessary), rather than getting a full JD paid out of pocket. Law school is extremely expensive, and you are unlikely to be eligible for any student loans for it (although you may be able to take out a bank loan, the relative worth of doing so rather than e.g. getting a mortgage or something is debatable to say the least).
lilyedwards24
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ok thank you, super helpful!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (157)
14.54%
I'm not sure (46)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (320)
29.63%
I have already dropped out (30)
2.78%
I'm not a current university student (527)
48.8%

Watched Threads