How to decide between two degree choices

Watch
WellLucy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I have to decide this month which degree to do art or English, I’ve literally been trying to make a decision since the start of this year, but I’m so stuck and can’t find any chats similar to help me decide, I like both subjects equally, I’ve always been naturally better at English but the jobs don’t seem to interest me as much as art but pay better? I’m so stuck 🙂
AlphaZeta
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
English has more scope.
WellLucy
Rep:
?
I do think in terms of pay it possibly does, my problem is I ofc want to enjoy my future job lol
AlphaZeta
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by WellLucy)
I do think in terms of pay it possibly does, my problem is I ofc want to enjoy my future job lol
English degree opens many doors and is a useful baseline qualification. If you are looking for job security then you have to be a professional, for example Solicitor, Doctor, Dentist, Engineer, Accountant etc. In my opinion, Teaching is the most secure profession especially in times of recession. There is never ending supply of clients (learners/students).
WellLucy
Rep:
?
Yeah I do agree that teaching is a pretty secure job as I have a few family members that are teachers/my sister in an engineer honestly whenever I look up English degree related jobs and teaching is always the first one I do find it slightly disheartening as it just doesn’t interest me but yeah it is secure for sure
AlphaZeta
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by WellLucy)
Yeah I do agree that teaching is a pretty secure job as I have a few family members that are teachers/my sister in an engineer honestly whenever I look up English degree related jobs and teaching is always the first one I do find it slightly disheartening as it just doesn’t interest me but yeah it is secure for sure
You can do a year conversion course or two year SQE professional exams to become a Solicitor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (106)
13.49%
I'm not sure (35)
4.45%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.66%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.42%
I'm not a current university student (385)
48.98%

Watched Threads