Kittylover221
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am doing my GCSE's soon in 2021 and I have to pick between doing Jane Eyre or AIC. I have done Jane Eyre for 1 year in yr 10 but AIC just a few months studying it in online classes because of the pandemic. I want advice for those doing those texts. Which do I pick and which text is harder than the other? Thank you!!!
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn't say one is necessarily easier than another. Is there one you prefer? I would imagine having studied Jane Eyre for longer and in person would make it easier for you, but you might engage with AIC more.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kittylover221)
I am doing my GCSE's soon in 2021 and I have to pick between doing Jane Eyre or AIC. I have done Jane Eyre for 1 year in yr 10 but AIC just a few months studying it in online classes because of the pandemic. I want advice for those doing those texts. Which do I pick and which text is harder than the other? Thank you!!!
I think AIC is easier and theres a lot more resources on it.
Pick the one you are most at home with.
bzkldn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
an inspector calls- an easy decision. make life easier for yourself and don’t pick jane eyre
Miriam29
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My exam board had AIC as a GCSE text and Jane Eyre as an A Level text. AIC is shorter, easier and has more basic concepts (in my opinion). I struggle to see how a GCSE syllabus could do justice to the more complex ideas of Jane Eyre.
m.s124
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did Jane eyre at GCSE
it is a very long and detailed book hard to analyse unless you know it well and the ideas behind it. It was also hard to find a lot of gcse stuff on it online.
and so I would recommend an inspector calls

although I must admit the storyline for Jane eyre was lowkey kinda interesting... if only the book wasn't soo long lol
chopingirl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
obvs inspector calls is easier, it's a play so there is less text and the themes are very clear and there is loads of resources on it. Unless you have something you're dying to say about Jane Eyre, I would choose the other coz Jane Eyre is harder.
Kittylover221
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you guys for all your comments that you have sent me!!! Really appreciate your thoughts and opinions on this matter I think I have decided to do AIC and not Jane Eyre for my GCSE's because as you guys said Jane Eyre is much harder and more time-consuming in terms of revising all the characters and the themes that go along the book. Hope to speak to you guys soon and have a lovely life studying or working!!! BYEEE 💋💖💖💕!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (157)
14.54%
I'm not sure (46)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (320)
29.63%
I have already dropped out (30)
2.78%
I'm not a current university student (527)
48.8%

Watched Threads