zeynepaydin1999
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I have a D in A level geography. At the moment I am studying geography at university, I am planning to apply for a PGCE course.

I am worried that my A level grade will affect my offers and applying to teaching jobs!

I just wanted to know if this is the case, because of my a level grade will I not be able to teach!
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I highly doubt it will as you've got your degree which will be what they're looking at, but worst case scenario is retaking it after uni. Don't worry now, and just focus on getting the best degree you can.
If you're really worried, maybe call admissions for PGCE courses and see if it would affect your application? They'll be honest about employability I'd imagine too 😊
zeynepaydin1999
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by historynerd47)
I highly doubt it will as you've got your degree which will be what they're looking at, but worst case scenario is retaking it after uni. Don't worry now, and just focus on getting the best degree you can.
If you're really worried, maybe call admissions for PGCE courses and see if it would affect your application? They'll be honest about employability I'd imagine too 😊
thanks

I hope it all works out, but I have been researching it about and they mostly care about GCSE maths and science (which I did well) and the degree itself! I just hope it works out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.22%
I'm not sure (59)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (374)
29.38%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.91%
I'm not a current university student (622)
48.86%

Watched Threads