LilMonster
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey guys, I'm planning on applying to do Msc Nursing next year, and I'm just trying to get a general idea about the application process that you did. It would be a really great insight.

What Uni did you apply to?
What was your previous degree before?
Did you have to provide both academic and professional references?
Did you have an interview?

Feel free to add some more tips and stories if you want haha.

thanks.
Allyson2020
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LilMonster)
Hey guys, I'm planning on applying to do Msc Nursing next year, and I'm just trying to get a general idea about the application process that you did. It would be a really great insight.

thanks.
You'll need to think what universities you wanting to go to and then see what there entry requirements are for the course.

Don't matter whether you do BSC or MSC adult nursing as you will only be paid the same pay as all newly qualified nurses at bottom of band 5 .

Your personal statement is key, plus you must be better than rest of the other candidates to get offered a place.
You will need to do a interview but in what form will it be due to current situation.
References will be required .
Bec :)
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi!i applied through UCAS at the universities that were closest to me at the time. My previous degree was early childhood studies.I work as a support worker at the moment and I asked a senior sister to write my reference!I had interviews from different uni's which were all done over zoom / skype and the questions were pretty straight forward!When writing your personal statement, write about qualities that you have that are suited to a nurse's skills and qualities and what makes you different from everyone else applying. Good luck !!
LilMonster
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Allyson2020)
You'll need to think what universities you wanting to go to and then see what there entry requirements are for the course.

Don't matter whether you do BSC or MSC adult nursing as you will only be paid the same pay as all newly qualified nurses at bottom of band 5 .

Your personal statement is key, plus you must be better than rest of the other candidates to get offered a place.
You will need to do a interview but in what form will it be due to current situation.
References will be required .
Thank you so much
LilMonster
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bec :))
Hi!i applied through UCAS at the universities that were closest to me at the time. My previous degree was early childhood studies.I work as a support worker at the moment and I asked a senior sister to write my reference!I had interviews from different uni's which were all done over zoom / skype and the questions were pretty straight forward!When writing your personal statement, write about qualities that you have that are suited to a nurse's skills and qualities and what makes you different from everyone else applying. Good luck !!
Thank you so much! Only one reference is needed for a bachelors on ucas right?
Bec :)
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much! Only one reference is needed for a bachelors on ucas right?
Yeah
KimboBoyce
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What Uni did you apply to? UWS - I went there before, so they were my only choice.
What was your previous degree before? BA Hons Psychology
Did you have to provide both academic and professional references? Just Academic via UCAS.
Did you have an interview? Yes, one online due to COVID. It was about 45 minutes long. I answered one question, and was told they did have more but I answered them all lol.

Tips: Don't second guess yourself. Write your statement, apply, and breathe xx
LilMonster
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bec :))
Yeah
Thank you!
Allyson2020
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much
You are welcome

Re - references ,you only need one for BSC but some universities can ask for more if they want them ok but otherwise do the one with your application to UCAS .

Write your personal statement so its better than the others candidates.
Its hard to explain everything within it as you limited to a certain amount of words / characters.

I'm a long term experience adult nurse and recently completed the shortened top-up midwifing course which I passed, so if I can help then feel free to PM me ok and I try best to assist you, I leave decision to you ok.

Good luck with your application.
Zee_gal
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

thanks.
Hello everyone. I've applied to Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Chester, UClan and Derby for MSc Adult nursing to start next Sept. My previous degree was Chemical Engineering. I've got experience both in a hospital and as a healthcare assistant. I've been using only academic references. Will submit a professional reference when I get a conditional offer. I've not had interviews yet because I only applied 2 weeks ago. Have you applied to any unis?
LilMonster
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Zee_gal)
Hello everyone. I've applied to Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Chester, UClan and Derby for MSc Adult nursing to start next Sept. My previous degree was Chemical Engineering. I've got experience both in a hospital and as a healthcare assistant. I've been using only academic references. Will submit a professional reference when I get a conditional offer. I've not had interviews yet because I only applied 2 weeks ago. Have you applied to any unis?
Oh that’s cool! I have not applied to any unis yet, I only decided to apply for nursing like 2 weeks ago haha.

Planning to get some care experience before I apply because my previous degree was a creative degree in Animation and not a science degree haha.

Probably gonna apply in Beds and Herts too since it’s close to home.
Zee_gal
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh that’s cool! I have not applied to any unis yet, I only decided to apply for nursing like 2 weeks ago haha.

Planning to get some care experience before I apply because my previous degree was a creative degree in Animation and not a science degree haha.

Probably gonna apply in Beds and Herts too since it’s close to home
Nice . I hope everything works out for you and you get into the unis of your choice. I would encourage you to apply early tho.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (179)
28.59%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.61%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.27%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.31%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
7.99%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.13%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.91%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.19%

Watched Threads