GYG: The Redemption (For Real This Time)

Watch
EmRep13
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
WELCOME TO TR:FRTT, pronounced TRRR-FRRRTT - I am adamant about this.

This is my THIRD GYG blog and (hopefully) the first one I don't abandon halfway/two weeks:angelblush:) in!

What I WILL DO!! (and how I decided I wanted to do it) :captain:
Spoiler:
Show

Get into PPE at Oxford!!! (Clearly I believe in manifesting your dreams!) After literally months of basically-not-looking-for-courses-because-they-all-look-sucky, deciding on chemistry, then biomedical sciences, and then deciding I'd rather not become a researcher because I want to be massively sopping rich ** THOUGH UNI WILL NOT NECESSARILY AID THIS** and because it didn't appeal to me as much as it did initially, I stumbled upon PPE on a late night YouTube procrastination binge and FELL. IN. LOVE. And then, with doing it at Oxford. Yes, my hopes are high, but I WILL NOT FALL I WILL NOT!!!!! !

My A-Levels
Spoiler:
Show

Economics, Chemistry and Maths (AQA,AQA and Edexcel, respectively).

My Predicted Grades
Spoiler:
Show

I'm not sure! We didn't get to have Year 12 mocks because of miss rona so it's in the air. I also didn't work too hard in Y12 cause I was counting on end of years (oops!) but my GCSEs were banging and I'm hoping a bit of teacher convincing will help. We're having unofficial "tracking" exams soon too so I'm pretty much sure those will have a big impact. Better get revising!

Plans :cheers:
Spoiler:
Show

Still far off, distant, vague clouds of possibility. I've been looking to hit the October deadline for Oxbridge so I've been smashing out my PS incredibly late, but as for other unis, I'm not sure.
Currently looking at:
Oxford - PPE
LSE - PPE or potentially PE
KCL/UCL

Where I'm At Right Now - so you don't need to click through if you just want mini-updates :yay:
Spoiler:
Show

September 19th 2020 - Looks like I'm about to finish paragraph one of my FIRST DRAFT of my personal statement. You can read about that here (when I put it up) (x)

Official Updates / Major Topics :zorro:
Spoiler:
Show

TO BE ADDED

I'm literally SO PSYCHED for this year because a) it's the last year of proper school...I'm feeling emotions! and b) because I actually want to do SO much this year, despite my trademark laidback bullsh*t.
I'm so so so excited to grow and document my journey on this blog this year and read back and be like *warm happy feelings* - I hope you guys enjoy reading my inevitable monologues do too.

Feel free to ask for a tag if you want updates directly!
Love love love,
Ems :loveduck:
Last edited by EmRep13; 4 weeks ago
Chopinnocturne31
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oohhh can I have a tag?! :dance:
EmRep13
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Chopinnocturne31)
Oohhh can I have a tag?! :dance:
Omg I'm honoured! ofc!
Chopinnocturne31
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by EmRep13)
Omg I'm honoured! ofc!
Yay! Thank you! I can’t wait to read this :awesome:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (190)
29.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.41%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.98%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.89%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.81%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.88%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads