The Student Room Group

Lae stratford 2021 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by LoveAmore
Did anyone else get an email today reminding them to complete their application? As far as I am aware I already have so I was wondering if this was just an automatic message.

Hey! I didn’t get an email but I know that I’ve completed my application. Maybe recheck your application form, good luck!
Original post by Ev_gii
Hey! I didn’t get an email but I know that I’ve completed my application. Maybe recheck your application form, good luck!

Thanks and same to you :smile:
I'm also applying to LAE but it isn't my first choice
my predicted are (99998888776)
And I'm planning on studying Maths, chem, econ and further maths
My school capped our grades at 8s, so I wrote 5 8s, 2 7s, 26s when I know I would have gotten 9s for some of them. I think that puts me at a great disadvantage which scares me. I already submitted it as well...
I am tempted to redo my application again just so they can be changed. My school permitted me to change them if its possible.
Original post by Ev_gii
Hey everyone! I really want to go to LAE but I’ve heard how stressful it can be. This has made me question my application. I’m a person who stresses really easily, I’m really extrovert when it comes to the classroom environment with people I’m unfamiliar with, especially if it’s such a competitive environment like LAE Stratford is known to be. I’ve always had a problem with teachers picking on students in lessons, I’m sure I’ll get over that if I go. Any advice from LAE students or anyone in particular?

LAE Y12 student here! Pastoral support is unrivalled. My teachers periodically call me to ensure I'm faring well, irrespective of academic capacity. Your wellbeing is unequivocally principal, and the school does service to that standard. Competition is inherent in competitive schools, however, the same academic tropes and archetypes still persist here! We are unrelentingly normal, just conscientious, I promise!
Original post by yesIsAiDuWu
LAE Y12 student here! Pastoral support is unrivalled. My teachers periodically call me to ensure I'm faring well, irrespective of academic capacity. Your wellbeing is unequivocally principal, and the school does service to that standard. Competition is inherent in competitive schools, however, the same academic tropes and archetypes still persist here! We are unrelentingly normal, just conscientious, I promise!

What subjects do you do x
Original post by ca_1234
What subjects do you do x

Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Literature & EPQ
Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Literature & EPQ

I’ve come across very few applicants / students who aren’t primarily taking STEM subjects. Do you feel like your school places a disproportionate emphasis on them? I want to take English, RS, psychology and politics. In your experience are these departments generally undervalued or is the quality of teaching consistent with that of STEM subjects?
This is by virtue of the inherently disproportionate nature of TSR, opposed to LAE! Most of my peers take solely humanities. As an English student, I am in perpetual awe of my teachers. As you may be cognisant of, we have a teacher seconded from Eton College, who is fantastic. The humanities teachers are academics in their field. The humanities receive equal emphasis as STEM does. You will find the number of ‘Dr’s equal in both spheres!
This is by virtue of the inherently disproportionate nature of TSR, opposed to LAE! Most of my peers take solely humanities. As an English student, I am in perpetual awe of my teachers. As you may be cognisant of, we have a teacher seconded from Eton College, who is fantastic. The humanities teachers are academics in their field. The humanities receive equal emphasis as STEM does. You will find the number of ‘Dr’s equal in both spheres!

LAE seems stunning!!
Did anyone get a responce by LAE stratford 1 hour ago i got one for tothenam about interview but i havent got anything from stratford. Does this mean i ddint make it?
Original post by NemesisVIG_
Did anyone get a responce by LAE stratford 1 hour ago i got one for tothenam about interview but i havent got anything from stratford. Does this mean i ddint make it?

No! Don't worry, LAE Stratford hasn't sent anyone anything. They're doing their admissions processes at different times plus LAE Stratford has given people up to the 22nd to update their applications. I got an interview for tottenham too :smile:
Original post by ca_1234
No! Don't worry, LAE Stratford hasn't sent anyone anything. They're doing their admissions processes at different times plus LAE Stratford has given people up to the 22nd to update their applications. I got an interview for tottenham too :smile:

I got an interview for Tottenham too. Is it the same standard as LAE Stratford? Is it as competitive? Nemesis you’ll be shocked to know that at the STEM immersion day, they said their A*~A grades were around 20% You said your sister is there. Btw does getting an interview means we’ve got a place? I think the policy for Stratford said online interviews will be only to find out what choices we want.
Original post by Maths geek 2020
I got an interview for Tottenham too. Is it the same standard as LAE Stratford? Is it as competitive? Nemesis you’ll be shocked to know that at the STEM immersion day, they said their A*~A grades were around 20% You said your sister is there. Btw does getting an interview means we’ve got a place? I think the policy for Stratford said online interviews will be only to find out what choices we want.

LAE Tottenham is newer than Stratford so I couldn’t tell you. Also, I’m guessing that Stratford is more competitive for this reason. I think their grades are good but I would imagine that stratford’s are better. Also yes, for lae Stratford the interviews are not scored this year because of the pandemic. They’re just for subject choices and things of that nature so won’t go towards the application process. I would imagine that this means much more weight is placed on predicted grades for this reason.
I literally already got rejected from my local (backup) sixth form. I have barely have any hopes for LAE anymore....
According to the sixth form, I did not complete the application when I did....
Original post by A* Sweep
I literally already got rejected from my local (backup) sixth form. I have barely have any hopes for LAE anymore....
According to the sixth form, I did not complete the application when I did....

What were ur grades, what back ups did u apply for and do u know why they rejected u?
Did you get rejected from LAE Stratford or Tottenham? The deadline for Stratford was also 5th February so they should be contacting people this week too.
Original post by romayssa
What were ur grades, what back ups did u apply for and do u know why they rejected u?

My grades were definitely way above what they were looking for 5 8s 2 7s 2 6. I got rejected because I "didn't complete the application". I literally forgot one minor thing..
Original post by Maths geek 2020
Did you get rejected from LAE Stratford or Tottenham? The deadline for Stratford was also 5th February so they should be contacting people this week too.

Neither. There will probably give it out after the 22nd

Quick Reply

Latest