will unis close soon?

will they?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hope not too but there are talks about a possible second lockdown in october
Original post by Anonymous
will they?

My cat says only to anonymous people.
possibly...quite likely acc, seeing as the area where I live is already in lockdown :/
Reply 4
but boris is saying he wants to avoid it at all costs
Reply 5
No, but a lot more may be moved online
Original post by 999tigger
My cat says only to anonymous people.

Your cat is a wise one. :moon:
Original post by Synergy~
Your cat is a wise one. :moon:

You find the average iq of anonymous posters these days is where youd expect.
Reply 8
You find the average iq of anonymous posters these days is where youd expect.

it's not that silly of a question?
it's not that silly of a question?

Do you mean close all together, close at night time? Close all campuses?
Do you mean close all together, close at night time? Close all campuses?

I mean will they close like they did in march?
will they?

No.
--
Will unis move to increase/100% distance learning for semester 1 if the government mandates it: yes.
Reply 12
university wasn’t even closed last year; it was just a matter of reorganising how uni was conducted. i still had to do my exams and hand in work up till even now.

so the short answer is no. it’s not closing :smile:
Original post by mnot
No.
--
Will unis move to increase/100% distance learning for semester 1 if the government mandates it: yes.

Very decisive answers, thorough and confident
Reply 14
They wont want students going home from uni and taking the virus with them. Most likely a second lockdown will require students to remain in their accommodation. Potentially whole campuses could be placed in quarantine, with the army patrolling, shooting people who try to escape.
Original post by Joleee
university wasn’t even closed last year; it was just a matter of reorganising how uni was conducted. i still had to do my exams and hand in work up till even now.

so the short answer is no. it’s not closing :smile:

in that case I meant will campuses close
Reply 16
I'm in Canterbury where cases are low anyway, it's silly if somewhere with low rates closes
Original post by Geo55
They wont want students going home from uni and taking the virus with them. Most likely a second lockdown will require students to remain in their accommodation. Potentially whole campuses could be placed in quarantine, with the army patrolling, shooting people who try to escape.

rly? If there is a second lockdown then I don't really see much point in staying in accommodation and would like to go home
Original post by donnyF
I'm in Canterbury where cases are low anyway, it's silly if somewhere with low rates closes

that's true.

But if there are loads of people at uni breaking rules and having loads of mass gatherings then those areas may not be as low anymore.

I'm concerned that if there is a second lockdown and I do go home, will I still have to pay for my accommodation?
in that case I meant will campuses close

To undergraduate students perhaps.

But campuses never fully shut either.
Research was never fully shut down, labs continued to run. In the first lockdown lots of researchers were furloughed and projects delayed but now that unis have had more time to develop procedures and Covid protect research areas I suspect research will be maintained in an even larger person capacity where possible, although "desk work" will be done from home where possible.

Quick Reply

Latest