Super unmotivated to apply for jobs

Watch
peep90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This post is basically a rant but I graduated uni in summer and started applying for jobs a few weeks ago. I feel so unmotivated though because I don't have a dream job so I just want something that won't make me miserable and is enough to pay the bills. I'm finding it difficult however, to apply for more than one job a week because every job application is so tediously time consuming. I know I'm being lazy, I won't deny that but I hate having to answer questions like "why do you want to work for .... company?", "what would you do if .....?", "give an example of when you had to ....".

I wish I could just send my CV to hundreds of companies at once and wait for an email or call instead. I feel like I'm the only one who feels this way because my friends seem quite motivated to apply for different jobs and attend interviews and all that, whereas with me, the whole process is such a chore.
onceuponatime1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by grl9096)
This post is basically a rant but I graduated uni in summer and started applying for jobs a few weeks ago. I feel so unmotivated though because I don't have a dream job so I just want something that won't make me miserable and is enough to pay the bills. I'm finding it difficult however, to apply for more than one job a week because every job application is so tediously time consuming. I know I'm being lazy, I won't deny that but I hate having to answer questions like "why do you want to work for .... company?", "what would you do if .....?", "give an example of when you had to ....".

I wish I could just send my CV to hundreds of companies at once and wait for an email or call instead. I feel like I'm the only one who feels this way because my friends seem quite motivated to apply for different jobs and attend interviews and all that, whereas with me, the whole process is such a chore.
No job = no money = no life.

This should motivate you enough.
Black Cat
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In these times you will have to be proactive even more so than before the pandemic your chances decrease tremendously if you wait for employers/recruiters to reach out to you first.
Student-95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How will you handle working 40 hours a week if you found a job?
peep90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Student-95)
How will you handle working 40 hours a week if you found a job?
I've worked part-time and full-time before. I hated it but still stuck it out because money. Only quit because I was moving to uni or the job was temporary.
route255
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In same boat, need a job pronto. Yes the application processes can be a chore, but you just have to keep going.I mix it up with propspective applications too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads